Senior Financial Analyst - Revenue Recognition & Analytics - Collegeville, Pennsylvania - Monday - Friday
The Senior Financial Analyst, Revenue Analytics, is responsible for supporting the Revenue Control function as well as Finance, Franchise, and Commercial, departments by continually analyzing test level revenue calculations to ensure proper control and reconciliation to existing financial metrics. The position is also responsible for leveraging the capabilities of QDSS / Data Lake in determining, managing, and producing analytics to identify areas for improved efficiencies and opportunities to drive growth. Facilitate a collaborative relationship with the CASS Group’s data and reporting teams to be able to meet the information needs of the business.
- Utilize database tools including Quest Diagnostics Decision Support system (QDSS), Informatics, Cognos, and other Project Drive analytics tools to analyze test level revenue.
- Utilize relevant systems including PS Financials, QDSS Test and Products, and Quest Billing System to analyze Net Revenue and CPT reimbursement and identify opportunities to improve Net Reported Revenue accuracy to aid in overall reconciliation to Business Unit and Total Company financials.
- Establish reporting and processes and perform CPT Cash to NRR analysis on a monthly basis both in Total and by Franchise.
- Determine, manage, and produce analytics to identify areas for improved efficiencies and opportunities to drive growth.
- Facilitate a collaborative relationship with the CASS group to be able to meet the information needs of the business.
- Work cross functionally to understand key requirements and analytical needs in Clinical Franchises, Commercial and Finance.
- Ensure reconciliations are validated when new functionality or data is introduced in QDSS or the Big Data Environment.
- Integrate data from across various groups (Clinical Franchises, Pathology and Professional Lab Services, Health Plans, Commercial, Pricing, Finance) to construct an overall understanding of our Revenue Performance that delivers meaningful insights.
- Partner with Clinical Franchise Finance, ensuring proactive BU reviews to maintain standardization and to identify irregularities.
Important Personal and Other Attributes:
- Be recognized as a leader of the Net Reported Revenue process in Finance.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity
- Challenge the status quo
- Possess strong change management skills
- Possess backbone, an ability to push back and hold ground
- Continually raise the bar
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Presentation skills and ability (to highest level in organization)
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency:
- Hands-on manager:
- Strong PC skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent follow-up ability
- Process driven
- Customer service focused
Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business Analytics or Computer Science.
- Experience performing data analytics via commercial software including MS Access and Excel.
- Proven ability to cooperate and take direction from management, peers and customers.
- Knowledge of Quest Diagnostics business, its Financial, Lab and Billing applications
- Experience with QDSS / Cognos functionality and analytics capabilities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team including strength in collaborating in teams and with other Quest Diagnostics decision makers.
- Strong competencies include Problem Solving, Customer Focus, and Decision Quality
Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts.
Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.