Sr. Financial Analyst - Secaucus, New Jersey
Core Reporting Responsibilities:
• Monthly Pre-Close / Impact Reporting
o Lead internal Health Plan Finance Pre-Close process to consolidate updates on current negotiations and price impacts vs. budget, including working with Contract Support analysts on completeness and accuracy of Contract Management Database (Master Tracker) entries.
o Represent Health Plan Finance on Regional Finance Analytics Pre-Close call to coordinate with Revenue Recognition and Regional Finance.
o Key liaison to Regional Finance Analytics for Monthly Impacts file, ensuring impacts and budget vs. actuals are accurate and working with Sr. Manager of Regional Finance Analytics on process improvements.
o Maintain all supporting data files for budgeting and reporting, including, but not limited to, contract renewals, contractual obligations, Medicare & Medicaid sensitive.
• Monthly Day +6 Deck
o Builds Day +6 deck for Commercial Leaders, including unit price, leakage and denials performance.
o Uses price-volume reporting to proactively solve for variance and reimbursement issues
• Weekly Covid Tracking
o Owns the COVID Pricing and Agreement tracking process, as well as monthly COVID pricing analyses
• Quarterly Analyst Binder
o Manage calendar and consolidate updates from Health Plan Account Executives and other business partners for the Quarterly Earnings Call, ensuring robustness of updates for CEO, CFO, & VP of Investor Relations
Annual Operating Plan (AOP) Process:
• Responsible for developing Health Plan business planning calendar and AOP template
• Lead consolidator from planning and reporting perspective for Health Plan Unit Price impacts
• Facilitates AOP creation by aligning with HPF Contract Support, Regional Health Plan Directors & Regional Finance Directors
• Prepare AOP summary slides for members of Senior Leadership
• Key liaison to Price Performance and Deal Protocol to ensure communication and consistency in overall Pricing Plan of Record (PPOR)
• Collaborate with HPF analyst responsible for Sales Compensation to ensure accuracy
Special projects, as needed.
• BA/BS in Finance, Economics or related field
• A minimum of three years financial analysis experience, including budgeting, forecasting, and actuals reporting
• Strong data management skills
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, coding proficiency in Access a plus
• Proficiency in other Microsoft products (Access, Word) as well as Internet/Web applications such as Cognos
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational skills and managing to deadlines
• Influencing without authority
• Strong financial and analytical skills
• Resourcefulness and flexibility
• Positive attitude and good people skills
• Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team