Sr. Financial Analyst - Health Plan Finance - Secaucus, New Jersey
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Core Reporting Responsibilities:
• Monthly Pre-Close / Impact Reporting
o Lead internal Health Plan Finance Pre-Close process to consolidate updates on current negotiations and price impacts vs. budget, including working with Contract Support analysts on completeness and accuracy of Contract Management Database (Master Tracker) entries.
o Represent Health Plan Finance on Regional Finance Analytics Pre-Close call to coordinate with Revenue Recognition and Regional Finance.
o Key liaison to Regional Finance Analytics for Monthly Impacts file, ensuring impacts and budget vs. actuals are accurate and working with Sr. Manager of Regional Finance Analytics on process improvements.
o Maintain all supporting data files for budgeting and reporting, including, but not limited to, contract renewals, contractual obligations, Medicare & Medicaid sensitive.
• Monthly Day +6 Deck
o Builds Day +6 deck for Commercial Leaders, including unit price, leakage and denials performance.
o Uses price-volume reporting to proactively solve for variance and reimbursement issues
• Weekly Covid Tracking
o Owns the COVID Pricing and Agreement tracking process, as well as monthly COVID pricing analyses
• Quarterly Analyst Binder
o Manage calendar and consolidate updates from Health Plan Account Executives and other business partners for the Quarterly Earnings Call, ensuring robustness of updates for CEO, CFO, & VP of Investor Relations
Annual Operating Plan (AOP) Process
• Responsible for developing Health Plan business planning calendar and AOP template
• Lead consolidator from planning and reporting perspective for Health Plan Unit Price impacts
• Facilitates AOP creation by aligning with HPF Contract Support, Regional Health Plan Directors & Regional Finance Directors
• Prepare AOP summary slides for members of Senior Leadership
• Key liaison to Price Performance and Deal Protocol to ensure communication and consistency in overall Pricing Plan of Record (PPOR)
• Collaborate with HPF analyst responsible for Sales Compensation to ensure accuracy
Special projects, as needed.
• BA/BS in Finance, Economics or related field
• A minimum of three years financial analysis experience, including budgeting, forecasting, and actuals reporting
• Strong data management skills
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, coding proficiency in Access a plus
• Proficiency in other Microsoft products (Access, Word) as well as Internet/Web applications such as Cognos
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational skills and managing to deadlines
• Influencing without authority
• Strong financial and analytical skills
• Resourcefulness and flexibility
• Positive attitude and good people skills
• Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team