Are you an Information Technology professional looking for a fast-paced, challenging and transformational environment? Smithfield Foods, one of the country’s top consumer packaged goods companies, is looking for you! Our Information Technology and Transformation (IT&T) team is searching for focused and driven candidates who are excited about communicating new ideas and delivering first-class technical solutions to meet the demands of a growing business. We foster a culture that values each individual’s creativity, our environment and the communities in which we live.
The IT&T Business Relationship Management team is at the core of the supply chain digital transformation, working with business leadership to identify and implement next generation technologies. Leading initiatives across the supply chain landscape, the Business Analyst Supply Chain will drive the successful business outcomes for innovative technology solutions.
As a Sr. IT Business Analyst- Supply Chain, you will be the primary strategic liaison between the business partners and IT technical teams. The role is an advocate and change agent for process and system optimization at Smithfield, helping to define initiative roadmaps and business justifications that will enable supply chain (planning) transformation.Core Responsibilities
- Help design, configure and implement application changes necessary to support Advanced Planning processes within supply chain.
- Utilize project management skills to ensure work streams are properly identified and prioritized, resources utilized, time lines met and provide consistent status updates. Ability to lead and influence in a matrix organizational structure.
- Review existing business processes to determine where automation / improvements will drive efficiency. Identify process efficiencies, recommend uses of software functionality, design solutions.
- Translate business needs into functional requirements respecting core planning system/application capabilities while applying APICs principles and standards
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understanding user requirements that can be translated into effective tools; reports and alerts.
- Help drive new process development. Test, simulate and train users in new processes, or functions within our Advanced Planning tools that lead to effective and efficient alignment with our corporate strategy. This includes working with network optimization tools; implementing strategies that drive inventory control settings and/or forecast algorithms
- Demonstrate solid technical, functional skills and business acumen in area of forecasting; production planning and deployment
- Assist in the development strategic road-maps encompassing the evolution of enterprise business solution portfolios from current to future state.
- Evaluate innovative technology trends and use knowledge of business operations to facilitate proofs of concept and integration strategies.
- Provide technical expertise and strategic consultation on design and implementation of business applications. Demonstrate an understanding of how and changes in technology impact the organization.
- Collaborate with business and technical resources on incident management and resolution for critical production system issues.
- Oversee vendors to ensure compliance with existing agreements, commitments and IT policies.
- Produce design documents, functional specifications and business process maps to facilitate project scoping and initiation. Provide guidance to developers to ensure business needs are achieved.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 8+ years of relevant experience in IT or Business roles implementing or supporting enterprise level systems and processes, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, required.
- 3 years of experience with emphasis on planning system integration with ERP system; solid understanding of Microsoft SQL server data base management system
- Knowledge of Demand and Supply planning enterprise systems: SAP/APO/IPB; Quintiq; Logility; JDA, other planning software
- SAP, Food & Beverage or CPG experience is considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of enterprise IT applications, architectures and supply and demand planning processes.
- Knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Suite: including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Critical thinking with strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
- Self-motivated with sense of accountability, initiative, and the ability to meet our own milestones/goals
- Ability to present strategies and solutions in a manner that is understandable to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgement necessary to support business solution
- Ability to ask probing questions in order to get required information
- Capability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with peers and executive leadership, via written and/or verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills \u2013 necessary to guide and train others
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Effective collaboration skills, focusing on strong working relationships with all functional units of the organization.
- Works well under pressure and can manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team including flexibility to support multiple locations when necessary.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits