A strong Scientific and technological pioneering spirit drives bioMérieux development since its creation in 1963. We design innovative in vitro diagnostic solutions for our customers that initiate new forms of scientific partnerships to be at the forefront of the most advanced technologies. Our presence in more than 150 countries with 9,400 employees worldwide secures bioMérieux commitment to public health. bioMérieux products are used to diagnose infectious diseases, they provide high medical value results for cancer screening and monitoring, cardiovascular emergencies and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Products also include industrial microbiological controls to detect microorganisms in food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products. We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
World leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 43 countries and servces more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l'Etoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture.
We look for candidates whose motivation is to invest in themselves, in the projects of the future, and to participate in a collective adventure led by a pioneering spirit.
We have the commitment to offer our collaborators a working environment which encourages team spirit, with priority given to training and development with international career opportunities.
Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the 11,200 bioMérieux employees who have already identified with these values!
Sr. Facilities Technician (Facilities - Week Nights 2nd shift (3:30 pm - Midnight)
This position operates and maintains the major building systems that provide required services and critical utilities to maintain life safety and production. This position also ensures that facilities are maintained and conditioned as needed to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable environment and enable the effective and efficient performance of business operations
* Monitors/operates equipment in order to maintain and/or improve the proper, safe, and efficient functionality of facilities assets.
* Monitors and operates the automated facility energy management system. Respond to alarms and other urgent facility situations. Complete all required documentation regarding alarm response.
* Performs Preventative, Corrective, Predictive and Breakdown Maintenance on equipment (Repair and maintain pumps, evaporators, compressors and motors, steam and hot water boilers) as required.
* Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical problems. Install, repair and maintain piping systems. Must be proficient on general HVAC equipment and application specific equipment such as liquid and dry desiccant dehumidifiers. Experience with large air compressors, building automation systems and fire alarm systems is essential.
* Uses problem-solving tools to identify root cause for repetitive breakdowns or other losses. Addresses key issues and educate peers of problems and solutions.
* Leads facilities improvement projects, consisting of scope definition, resource planning, scheduling, implementation, and acceptance, to include coordination of work with vendors/contractors.
* Ensures that all assigned scheduled preventive maintenance tasks are completed.
* Must be able to work safely, use all personal protective equipment as required by OSHA and job requirements.
* Requires the ability to use personal computers for document editing, report generation, controller programming, database backups and restorations. Should have some skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
* Orders materials as needed for maintenance and repair of equipment or systems.
* Performs immediate/daily clean up and organization of common maintenance areas as well as facilities equipment areas, including tools and supplies.
* Maintains excellent team working relationships.
* Performs other duties as assigned
Associate's or Vocational Technical Degree required.
In lieu of a degree 5+ years of mechanical/electrical/carpentry experience is acceptable.
EPA Certification - Types I & II or Universal preferred.
5 years of HVACR, boiler/chiller knowledge required.
* Basic mechanical, plumbing, electrical and carpentry knowledge.
* Operations, troubleshooting and basic repairing steam boilers and chiller required.
* Requires the ability to read equipment manuals, HVACR, electrical and plumbing schematics in order to install, maintain and repair electrical and mechanical devices.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve equipment malfunctions on boilers, chillers, pumps, valves, air compressors, VAV boxes, water heaters and many other types of devices.
* Experience with Metasys and JCI control systems.
* Should be proficient in soldering and brazing.
* Ability to understand interaction of equipment systems, diagnose and repair mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic problems.
* Knowledgeable of water treatment technologies is preferred.
* The ability to safely operate high-pressure steam systems is preferred.
* Express ideas clearly (verbal and written) and ability to work from verbal and written instructions, manuals, wiring diagrams, work orders and specification.
* A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible and related experience working in a production/operations facility.
* Demonstrated knowledge in the use, maintenance and care of tools, equipment and machinery with the ability to operate tools (Manual and power) as necessary for completion of assigned jobs.
* Demonstrated experience of very strong mechanical ability is required.
* Demonstrated experience of working independently is required.
* Perform various duties to accomplish the installation, repair, maintenance and operation of a variety.
* of plant equipment and building systems.
* Follow procedures on preventative maintenance forms.
* Reasonable, reliable attendance and punctuality is an essential job function required for this position.
* Report to work on off hours as directed by supervisor in event of emergency.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pound with or without assistance.
* Ascends/descends ladders, scaffolds, stairs, and works in confined spaces and in proximity to loud machinery.
* Valid driver's license to operate company vehicle.
* Fork lift driver or ability to receive certification
* Excellent personal hygiene required. Appropriate gowning requirements necessary for the production areas. Occasional environmental odors may be prevalent
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.