Sr. Maintenance Technician
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The role reports to the Maintenance Manager and is located in Hackettstown, New Jersey.
- As part of the team you will rebuild, repair, and maintain, machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines valves, motors, pneumatic tools, production equipment and machines in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturers’ specifications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum 3 to 4 years of years of hands-on, full-time machine maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Highly physical position: able to walk, bend, twist, and lift up to 40lbs for entirety of shift.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Proficient in utilizing hand tools (standard/metric sockets, open-ended wrenches, Allen wrenches, screwdriver(s), etc.).
- Some experience in troubleshooting electrical issues utilizing voltmeter.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Exposure to/proficiency troubleshooting PLC systems a plus.
- Able to resolve technical issues using machine blueprints/diagrams.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.