Sr. Manager, Asset Reliability Engineering
Virtual opportunity with domestic travel up to 80%
The Sr. Manager, Asset Reliability Engineering is responsible to implement CMMS / EAM across Quest Diagnostics’ North American sites, deploy the enterprise asset management strategy and team, develop spare parts strategy and analysis, develop standardized Asset Maintenance Plans (AMP) and optimization, standardize maintenance & reliability KPIs and workflow processes, institute warranty and contract optimization, initiate planning & scheduling routines across enterprise, and play a key role in the development of a Biomedical Engineer network. In this role, you will get to lay the groundwork and establish, implement and sustain enterprise-wide E2E Lab Ops equipment maintenance strategy, enabling the transfer of practical skills and knowledge to maintenance, operations and engineering professionals so they are able to increase lab productivity, equipment reliability, uptime and safety, and to drive down maintenance and operating costs.
The Manager, Asset Reliability Engineering is a key leadership role for the Quest Diagnostics Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) & Reliability Engineering team. You will be accountable to enhance the asset Reliability, increase asset Availability and Performance, increase Capacity, increase Operating Margins, and reduce overall maintenance cost. The ability to develop capability across the enterprise to improve cost and reliability is a key focus within this role. The Associate Director, Asset Reliability is the developer, steward, and gatekeeper of the instrument reliability for Quest Diagnostics’ North America.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support development of role definitions and standards for Biomedical Engineers (BMEs)/Bio-Analytical (BAIs) & center-led standards for TPM & Reliability Engineering.
• Drive configuration and development of E2E CMMS / EAM solution, lead implementation of CMMS / EAM, lead development of end user training, provide site level end user training, and responsible for CMMS / EAM data management – meeting deliverables on time and within budget.
• Using FMEA & RCM methodology, lead BMEs, Service Providers, and Laboratory Operations to establish Asset Maintenance Plans for instruments.
• Support and ensure successful implementation of TPM & Reliability Engineering execution
• Makes decisions based on feasibility studies and costing analysis from CMMS / EAM data, identifies trends, solve problems, and makes recommendations for process improvements.
• Provide reliability-engineered solutions to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
• Manage equipment failures in real time as required
• Audit instrument design, Laboratory Operations, and Clinical Lab Processes to determine risks and resolutions to problems.
• Perform root-cause analysis, define and implement corrective actions.
• Specific knowledge on completing and reviewing Process Flows, FMEAs, and Control Plans.
• Lead development of standard work procedures for the BMEs and Laboratory Operations personnel as it pertains to TPM & Reliability Engineering.
• Ensure technical requirements are met and understood by local, frontline experts regarding installation, use and maintenance of various types of diagnostic testing equipment
• Establish effective / simple management routines and governance system that guides actions to deliver expected reliability and cost performance (KPIs, KAs).
• Develop and establish a Maintenance & Reliability Dashboard that drives decision making
• Partner with Procurement to evaluate OEMs, Vendors, and Service Providers
• Work across lab sites to analyze and prioritize opportunities
• Position requires up to 80% travel, flexibility and availability to support 24/7 work environments as needed
• BS required, Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial) preferred
• Project Management Institute (PMI) certified Project Manager Professional (PMP) preferred
• SMRP Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) / ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE)
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in Maintenance & Reliability
• Minimum 3 years’ experience implementing &/or leading CMMS across multiple sites of an enterprise
• Previous experience and leadership roles with CMMS configuration, data cleansing / validation, developing end user (EU) training, and training EUs
• Experience implementing Total Productive Maintenance Programs or Reliability Centered Maintenance Programs
• Experiencing managing equipment failures in real time
• Project Management expertise - proven experience successfully leading, executing and sustaining large-scale initiatives
• Proven ability to realize cost-savings attributed to efficiency gains, process improvements, etc.
• Experience with organizational transformation & change management; High Performance Working Systems as a plus
• Thorough understanding of TPM and Reliability & Maintainability tools and techniques
Skills & Knowledge:
• TPM, RCM, and Maintenance Optimization
• Project Management - large-scale initiatives
• Continuous Improvement – Lean Methodologies and Tools
• Strategic planning and execution
• Sound decision-making
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Change Management
• Financial & business acumen
• Vendor relationship-cultivation and management
• Crisis management & prioritization
• Progressive, innovative and creative