Sr. Manager: Competitive Intelligence, Value and Pricing - Secaucus, N
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can
expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The Sr. Pricing Manager, Pricing Strategy is responsible for leading the on-going development and implementation of a portfolio of key Strategic Pricing projects, including Value Quantification, Competitive Intelligence and Pricing. The individual will play an active role in building out our capabilities in understanding market pricing trends and their implications to our portfolio; this role also spearheads the quantification of incremental value derived from our tests and services vs. other options in the marketplace; the incumbent also will develop pricing for clients and services acquired through acquisitions.
• Manage Competitive Intelligence function that collects competitor pricing, mines data, establishes KPI reporting and provides competitor pricing insights to inform product development and negotiation strategy.
• Collaborate with Clinical Franchise Product Managers to develop product segmentation and formulate Value Quantification models that support strategic pricing negotiations
• Partner with Clinical Franchise, Commercial, Compliance and other stakeholders to set client-specific pricing for acquired clients and services.
• Lead periodic review and refinement of strategic pricing policies based on an appreciation of changing business needs and best practices. Ensure commercial teams have a strong understanding and adherence to policies.
• Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by 6+ years in a combination of managed care, financial analysis, billing, product management, business development or operations roles in medium to large size companies.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
• Strong professionalism, interpersonal skills and the ability to frame and influence with all levels of management
• Strong data manipulation, modeling and data visualization skillsets using Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables), Access, SQL and/or Python.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to synthesize information into key messages appropriate for the audience
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines without surprises
• Desire to make an impact
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or related field; Master’s degree preferred.