Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance (Virtual but must be NJ-based)
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance for hospital labs in Quest's East Region, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
This position is responsible for the planning, development, organization, management, implementation, and outcome monitoring of Quality Assurance for Quest Diagnostics Hospital Laboratories within Quest’s East Region. These programs must support compliance with regulatory and company requirements and drive the improvement and/or sustainability of medical quality while driving QHLs to get and stay inspection ready, and
ultimately engage in continuous, sustained, quality improvement.
- Scope of responsibilities: Quest Diagnostics Hospital Laboratories, to include: hospital managed laboratories, laboratory managed partnerships and joint venture sites as applicable. This includes all areas of clinical/anatomical pathology testing, as well as ancillary/support functions, including specimen collection, specimen processing, referral testing, materials management, and client services.
- Maintain strong knowledge of and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, to include accrediting bodies, federal, state, and local requirements as well as Quest Diagnostics policies. Direct the development and deployment of the internal inspection program for Quest Diagnostics testing facilities. Ensure consistency of inspection findings, timely reporting, and submission of credible corrective actions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Quest Physician Lab Services
- Direct the development and deployment of programs to provide technical and consultative support to Quest Diagnostic Regional Laboratory Quality Assessment Departments as it applies to the hospital environment.
- Develop and deploy standard quality policies and programs across the system.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate quality management reports and metrics as required. (CAP and RQI,)
- Support the management of enterprise wide medical quality management projects and quality system initiatives for clinical pathology as required. (EQP)
- Develop and mentor Corporate Quality Assessment Managers as applicable.
- Communicate Corporate Quality Assessment Program effectiveness to the Director of Corporate Quality Assessment, to include objective criteria to assess laboratory quality.
- Ensure enrollment and effectiveness of Proficiency Testing programs.
- Facilitate problem resolution related to quality issues identified within Quest Diagnostics manager hospitals
- Support or manage agency complaint investigation in collaboration with Medical Regulatory Affairs
- Communicate/interact with regulatory agencies as pertinent.
- Prepare written communications and deliver presentations to senior leadership as required.
- Assist in special projects, including lab acquisitions, and activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree (chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology)
- 8+ years of clinical laboratory experience; hospital lab experience preferred
- Continuous and process improvement experience required
- Certification by American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP or equivalent) preferred
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification as Quality Auditor preferred
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and statistical Quality Control programs
- Strong working knowledge of regulations and accreditation standards related to the clinical laboratory industry
- Previous experience as an inspector preferred
- Previous experience interacting with high-level staff within an organization
- Possesses excellent communication (verbal and written), influencing, and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively plan/organize work and projects
- Demonstrated team building and problem solving skills
- Competent with MS Office
- Position is virtual but candidate must be NJ-based based. Travel within the East Region will be ~30%