Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Senior Sales Strategy Manager is responsible for driving achievement of forecast, budget and OGSM for the assigned business while instituting strategic business plans that integrate, align and achieve The Nature’s Bounty Co. business and customer goals. This position will lead the commercialization business planning process by influencing go-to-market strategies that drive profitable growth, product launches, and coordinate the efforts of commercialization planning to drive business success. This position serves as a liaison between sales and marketing as well as other cross functional partners by providing voice of customer. This person also needs to be effective in influencing marketing and brand strategies all while being a source of retailer and competitive insights for their partners and customers. Special projects are an integral part of this role and the ideal person should be comfortable operating in a dynamic, fast past environment.
- Leads business planning process by developing analytics & insights to support marketing strategy, preparing timelines & communication of the process, and conducting collaborative planning cycles with customer teams.
- Communicates & coordinates key strategies, insights, and initiatives between field and internal teams as well as gains alignment across a matrix environment to support goal achievement.
- Develops and manages promotional programs, such as special packs & in-store displays, to support customer sales, while monitoring performance to track and report results.
- Partners with internal team members to develop and execute the revenue growth management strategies in order to drive topline and bottom line growth.
- Leads cross-functional team members in development, evaluation, & implementation of the 4Ps by evaluating trends, developing insights, & translates findings to drive business performance improvement both internally & externally.
- Influences business processes and requirements related to pricing, trade promotions, category management, & inventory management including cross-functional collaboration with marketing, supply chain, trade, and finance on forecasting to sales input across responsible brands.
- Develops and ensure the execution of all trade related expenses to improve P&L performance, including tracking & influencing to ensure trade funding is maximized within allocated investment.
- Creates & influences assortment & merchandising recommendations.
Customer Team Engagement
- Coordinates & conducts regular communication sessions between internal cross functional and sales teams to ensure alignment and accountability on forecast attainment, budget, business planning, and trade objectives with immediacy via a Customer Service based model.
- Provides support and insight for retailer business & new item reviews.
- Co-leads key top to top customer meetings with sales teams.
- Develops and presents customer, category and brand reviews to drive brand and category performance.
- Ensures execution of plans through regular communication and interaction with the customer team and in-store visits.
- Fosters a winning, positive, action oriented attitude
- May be assigned to 2 or less direct or non-direct reports; when people are assigned, is accountable for implementation of talent management processes and developmental coaching.