For more than 70 years, The Nature’s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
The Senior Manager of Procurement will be responsible for leading and managing the sourcing and procurement of significant categories of spend for The Nature’s Bounty Co. while developing solid working partnership with stakeholders to optimize sourcing, supplier selection, pricing, contracting and ongoing Supplier Management and meeting quality and service level.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and executing category strategies, negotiating and developing contract pricing, terms and conditions, and other relevant sourcing related documentation. These strategies and tactics should enable the identification, negotiation and implementation of agreements with suppliers to ensure the greatest overall value.
- Acts as primary point-of-contact for Executive and Senior Leaders.
- Supports Sr. Director/VP by ensuring proper escalation of any significant issues/ opportunities.
- Manages annual spend categories that range from $50MM to $100MM with up to 50 suppliers and moderate complexity.
- Develops and implements Category Strategies and yearly sourcing plan for Procurement of several categories of spend for The Nature’s Bounty Co. Tasked with supplying goods and services that meet or exceed customer expectations while delivering cost savings and/or avoidance of 3-5% annually.
- Develops and manages continuous improvement pipeline to deliver significant year-over-year productivity.
- Executes market research in various areas, resulting in robust Category Strategies. Keeps abreast of market conditions and maintains an agile mindset to flex resources and external capacity as needed to meet changing business needs.
- Ensures optimize sourcing, supplier selection, pricing, contracting and commercialization while meeting quality and service level requirements for their spend area. This results in ensuring negotiation and implementation of global, regional and local agreements with suppliers to deliver the greatest overall value to The Nature’s Bounty Co. Monitors supplier performance on an ongoing basis and develops improvement plans as required.
- Liaises with various commercial teams to ensure two way dialogue and understanding of The Nature’s Bounty Co. needs as well as industry trends and opportunities in their area of expertise.
- Supports new product, new technology or new initiative launches as applicable.
- Works within business team to identify and implement initiatives to achieve substantial cost savings and improvements in quality, delivery, etc. to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- 10-15 years of progressively increasing responsibility, experience in sourcing, procurement with subject matter expertise across categories supported.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- MBA desirable but not required.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of indirect (non-COGS) categories of spend (e.g.: HR, Professional Services, Marketing Services, Facilities and IT).
- Must be knowledgeable of Sourcing and Procurement methodologies as well as possess an in-depth understanding of relevant supplier bases.
- Must understand service requirements related to business needs.
- Has a broad background in Sourcing and Procurement supporting manufacturing/commercial/ corporate functions in various operating models.
- Has the ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels and functions of the organization.
- Hands on management experience in developing and implementing new suppliers and business solutions.
- Has significant subject matter expertise in specific category supported (5-8 years).
- Experience in implementing change management.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work within ambiguity with the need to create the appropriate level of process and procedure.
- Ability to lead teams on how to resolve complex problems.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word .
- Proven analytical skills (e.g. data analysis, business processes).
- Ability to act in a customer-service oriented capacity with stakeholders .
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with Oracle source-to-pay ERP modules preferred but not required.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.