The Nature’s Bounty Co. is now The Bountiful Company!
The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Senior Manager of Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Supplements (VMHS) Product Development will manage technical projects, including design, development, and technology transfer of new formulas, products, and line extensions and provide technical support to existing products as needed. This position leads and supports new product development (NPD) through Stage-Gate and all pre and post evaluations, develops new or improved products/processes leading to product launch, and identifies, assesses and exploits enabling technology and delivery form platforms to support growth of current and future brands and platforms with an emphasis on proprietary and differentiated solutions.
- Independently plan, manage and complete technical programs necessary to design, develop and optimize new and improved formulations/products/delivery systems for products that meet customer needs and are robust and reproducible.
- Work with fellow business facing functions, such as Marketing, Consumer Insights and Sales.
- A keen understanding of research principles and the scientific method.
- Acts a leader and role model in fostering a test-and-learn environment that improves Research & Development (R&D) influence and effectiveness.
- Links formulation and/or product science and technology opportunities to the needs of the business through development and transfer of new products from Idea to Commercialization, transfers technologies from bench/pilot to manufacturing scale and successfully implements proprietary and differentiated technical solutions
- Manages complex business relationships with ingredient/bioactive, form or process technology partner companies, contract developers and manufacturers, consultants, vendors, cross-functional departments, and outside university experts to ensure customer needs and projects are executed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manages the identification, assessment and development of enabling technology/delivery form platforms to enable meaningfully unique delivery of current and future ingredients/bioactives to grow Brands and Platforms short and long term pipeline value.
- Collect, analyze, interpret, draw conclusions and make recommendations from data to enable technical execution of projects.
- Modify methodologies to improve the quality, accuracy and usefulness of data.
- Provide technical recommendations to R&D, Project and Brand teams through clear and concise oral and written communications.
- Manage external resources such as consultants, co-manufacturers and co-developers.
- Develops, documents and transfers critical ingredient, product, process and analytical parameters/specifications to Supply Chain/QA to ensure consumer focused and robust design of new products, processes and characterizing methods.
- Ensure proper documentation for all technical and project work is completed.
- Develops and reviews intellectual property strategy and conducts patent searches, literature reviews and is current with cross industry technology insights.
- Understands application and benefits/costs to our product portfolio.
- Ensures competitive advantage through implementation of proprietary and differentiated technical solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to execute complex, multi-disciplinary technical projects. Shares and transfer knowledge and influences colleagues in other disciplines.
- May technically supervise, coordinate and review the work of a small staff of on-site or remote scientists and technicians.
- Provides input on budget allocation and project prioritization.
- Coordinates and influences Brand Marketing, Insights & Analytics, Supply Chain, R&D and QA as key member and activity owner on Project, Brand and Platform teams.