Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
As the Sr. Quality Manager and a key member of the Plant leadership team you would be responsible for the management of all QA and QC activities at the site and associated storage areas used to manage materials for the products produced at the site. As a leader of a about a little over 50 team members you will also be responsible to provides leadership, guidance and training to the Quality team.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Has ownership of and deploys the quality management systems and test plans as defined by The Nature’s Bounty Co. Corporate policies and procedures.
- Builds and implements factory food safety and quality plans. Provides guidance, coaching and training to the factory team in the areas of Quality and Food Safety.
- Provide day to day leadership to Quality Assurance department staff. Create procedures to ensure compliance with current regulations and best practices.
- Participates in the Corporate Quality Internal Audit program, leading or participating in annual audits of other The Nature’s Bounty Co. sites.
- Participates or leads network-wide Quality Systems improvement projects as designated by Corporate Quality.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of contracted facility food safety prerequisites (e.g. pest control, water management, lubricant and chemical safety, etc.).
- Provides guidance and assistance, data collection and interpretation for new product production trials.
- Functional leader of the HACCP team and deployment of the HACCP plan to ensure product safety. Must be proficient HACCP principles as defined in ISO 22000 and the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- Understands equipment, commissioning procedures, pre-operational preparation requirements, process controls and sanitation requirements for all equipment used to manufacture vitamin supplements at the site.
- Develops work instructions provides training in all aspects of quality, food safety equipment operation and sanitation for associates at the facility.
- Tracks and trend quality issues at the plant and provides data to improve the performance of the quality management system.
- Utilizes statistical methods, SPC, DOE, etc., to evaluate and improve factory process and product performance.
- Maintains quality management system, associated documentation and all records required to manage the development, production and distribution of the products manufactured at these facilities.
- Conducts root-cause analysis studies with operations to build effective CAPAs, determine disposition of discrepant material. Leads site MRB meetings at regular intervals.
- Work with raw material/component suppliers and Procurement to effectively communicate quality issues and achieve resolution.
- Act as primary liaison to corporate Quality and outside Regulatory agencies (i.e. US FDA, State Department of Agriculture, and other agencies as required for the business).
- Monitor the performance and competency of Quality Assurance staff and provide development as needed.
- Serve as primary plant liaison for customer/consumer quality complaint issues. Approve complaint investigations performed by staff.
- Deploys KPIs as needed to improve factory performance and reports to KPI information to all levels of the organization, including Corporate Quality.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.