The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Senior Manager of Technical Services will collaborate with Supply Chain leadership to provide expertise on solid dose formulation and technology, while coaching and managing the Technical Services team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Improving current products and processes, improving efficiencies, addressing manufacturing issues, seeking cost savings and maintaining networks of external partners
- Oversees the Technical Services department at a specific manufacturing site and works in partnership with the technical services director
- Leads projects and teams in support of departmental plans
- Works directly with director to recommend and implement organizational and procedural changes to deliver on bottom-line savings
- Provides resources to respond to day-to-day technical needs of manufacturing site
- Evaluates business needs and allocates resources to project and business needs
- Sets and refines team priorities as necessary to remain focused on objectives and project milestones under rapidly changing circumstances
- Reviews and approves GMP-critical documentation, including batch records, amendments, experimental summaries, and qualification/validation reports
- Leads outsourcing of manufacturing processes/technology transfers
- Coaches Technical Services Scientists in defining and implementing innovative solutions for assigned tasks, balancing achievement of milestones with high quality standards
- Negotiates timeline commitments among Scientists, project teams, and contractors such that agreed objectives and timings for completion of activities are achieved
- Rapidly communicates major changes to project plans to upper management
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things
- Actively looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and procedures
- Monitors, explores, and shares new scientific information, technologies, products and processes with the Science and Technology community
- Creates and executes experimental plans and manufacturing trials to fit overall project objectives
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of own data and data from other scientists
- Acts as a mentor/coach for scientists and provides guidance/feedback on their personal development plan and career objectives to their direct reports