Sr. Mobility Engineer
The Senior Tech Engineer, Mobile must have deep experience and knowledge within mobile computing. This individual will define the mobile strategy and implementation for Quest Diagnostic’s next generation of mobile endpoint offerings. They will have a proven track record of interpreting business requirements into mobile solutions that drive growth. Additionally, the Engineer will work closely with the Director, Service Delivery to ensure a joint client and mobile strategy. The Engineer will have low-level, hands-on experience dealing with iPads, tablets, smartphones and consumer systems in an enterprise environment. This individual will be a key technical resource in Quest Diagnostics efforts to continually evaluate and deploy next generation mobile platforms and solutions. In addition, the engineer has responsibility for providing technical support for application developers and end-users, promoting effective and efficient use of resources and for providing technical expertise regarding operating systems and or storage technologies to IT.
- Partner with IT and Business leadership to interpret the needs of the Quest Diagnostics enterprise into mobile solutions that restore growth and increase revenues.
- Align mobile strategies with IT Architecture in the delivery of mobile Infrastructure solutions toincrease end user productivity and reduce costs.
- Define and design standard procedures relating to mobile operations, such as: device selection, employee usage via profiles, security and device management.
- Manage outsourced vendor, setting timelines and priorities. Meet with Vendor bi-weekly to review progress.
- Work closely with IT Security to set hardware standards.
- Own the change control process for all of Mobile Endpoint Engineering.
- Responsible for selecting mobile hardware including tablets and other associate hardware.
- Member of the Mobile Computing Governance Team.
- Drive Strategic and Tactical changes to our mobile landscape to improve the end user experience.
- Have great understanding of JAMF Cloud for MacOS & iOS, InTune, and AirWatch
- Create and present architecture and environmental designs to Sr. Management.
- Sponsor and track projects across outsourced towers such as Windows 7, 8.1 image creation, Windows 10 image creation and backend upgrades (Wintel, Security and Desktop)
- Provide liaison to operational areas to ensure alignment of communications, network strategy and operational goals.
- Support department efforts leading appropriate resources, determining project requirements and deliverables to enable the company to meet the service needs of its user community.
- Display effective human and interpersonal relations skills during collaborative efforts.
- Develop technical personnel in areas of verbal communications with user community, organizational skills, written materials, (i.e., specifications), problem analysis, etc.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to staff on a prompt and ongoing basis relative to departmental policies, procedures and specific operational aspects of cost containment and such advice and assistance is consistent with established company policies, methodologies and goals.
- As required, meets with project managers and application owners to review and approve all materials related to a request for IT service.
Expected New Initiatives:
Any new projects as identified by corporate restructuring activity.
Activity related to any future acquisition.
- Provide strong customer service both over the phone and in person for end users.End users will include individuals at various job levels within the organization including Executive Level Support.
- Create, test and develop current mobile images.
- Assists in developing corporate standards for mobile landscape, including software and hardware and conducting reviews to ensure compliance to standards.
- Responsible for successful deployment and upgrades of mobile environment, with a key role in meeting rollout timelines and objectives provided by the business.
- Executes proper Change Control procedures.
- Proficient with Windows Active Directory and Infrastructure with strong security and user account administration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present reports to management.
- Support and maintenance of Windows 8 system services and security.
- Ability to support remote connectivity methods such as wired and wireless broadband technologies.
- Lenovo, HP, Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, and Honeywell mobile hardware experience preferred.
- Translate business requirements into designing, managing and maintaining a mobile strategy for the enterprise.
- Ensure that end user business requirements are satisfied and device/service offerings operate efficiently and economically.
- Additionally ensure that Quest Diagnostics standards are complied with a mobile operating system technical security standard.
- Technical acumen with Blackberry, JAMF, AirWatch, iOS, Android, and Windows 8.1 are desired
- Ensures alignment with clients on scope, value proposition and overall project goals throughout the project. Works with all stakeholders to coordinate testing, installation, training and support.
- Coordinates the purchasing, installation and testing of selected vendor hardware and software.
- Documents business requirements, feasibility studies, and cost justification statements.
- Produces written documentation for proposals which describe solutions to business problems,including the software/equipment recommended, the cost of the software/equipment, and the time required to successfully (and fully) implement the solution. Documents are to include various dimensions such as simplicity, flexibility, strategy alignment as well as the cost to achieve.
- Contributes to and/or leads drafting of statements of work and/or RFPs to secure 3rd party services required to achieve business objectives. Leads the effort to select 3rd party services to execute projects and manages on-boarding and collaborative working relationship with selected Vendors.
- Oversees the work of the 3rd party to ensure delivered scope meets requirements and service level agreements.
- Develops and/or reviews, evaluates and formulates strategic roadmaps, project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Ensures required change management activities to drive solution adoption take place as necessary.
- Researches and evaluates new or alternative solutions and recommends alternatives which will assist business management in attaining their strategic objectives.
- Serves as domain expert in the area of responsibility. Creates and maintains standards and asset lifecycles for the assigned areas of responsibility.
- As needed, provides highly technical consulting to IT operations as it relates to procedures, standards, and issues.
Culture and Environment
- Hard charging environment, comfortable taking VERY calculated risks.
- Critical success factors for success include the attitude of people working with, not for, each other, where there is the ability to create a plan and then execute that plan, with the ability to delegate, not abdicate, and to empower the individual.
- There are so many things for each person to accomplish, that everyone at every level must be proactive, not reactive.
- Minimal turn over.
- Work life balance
- Organization is a mission driven organization, with flexibility for family life, and earned trust of individual.
- Extremely fast paced environment.
- Proven strengths in employee relationships at the peer level and up.
- Proven strengths in managing, collaboration, motivating, and improving IT staff.
- Able to handle management of multiple initiatives.
- Proven experience and interest in staying on top of current technologies and trends in clinical systems technology (involvement in user groups, etc.).
- Proven strengths in creating, implementing, and managing change. Focus on satisfying customer needs and anticipating trends.
- Set up procedures for ensuring the effective performance of all appropriate systems, and will give feedback to areas that need improvement.
- Proven experience in negotiating with and managing providers.
- Proven ability in working with remote staff and managers.
- Must have extensive business acumen with a deep understanding of mobile and end point based technologies, client operating systems, hardware platforms, applications and security.
- 8+ years’ technical knowledge and experience preferred. 10+ years IT experience required.
- Stays externally focused and leverages current and cutting edge technology to get the job done. Is abreast of the external IT landscape. Brings new technologies or ideas through external relationships with vendors, universities, IT professional
- organizations, user groups etc.
- Must possess information-gathering skills. Must have demonstrated planning, analysis and creative problem solving skills. ITIL Certified preferred
- Competencies required: Business Acumen, Creativity, Innovation Management, Action-Oriented, Presentation Skills, Planning, Written Communication
Education / Certifications
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Occasional travel to remote sites.
- Proven experience as a leader and change agent.
- Proven experience in executing, managing, and delegating in a highly distributed environment.
- Enjoys bringing business solutions to bridge gap between IT and industry challenges.
- Superb interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills are required, with high energy level.
- Important to be savvy business-person providing technology solutions
- Comfortable in managing projects, and user relationships.
- Able to talk to users and with business team. Able to translate users’ needs to technical issues, for users who don’t know what they need.
- Aggressive in understanding client expectations.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
Healthcare experience to understand the importance of Clinical applications and claims processing, but even more importantly, to understand how to navigate health care, navigate complex business issues, and manage people.
Key Competencies/Success Factors:
- Expertise in strategic partner relationship management, market development and healthcare industries
- Responsible for all major technologies supporting business function and vendors.
- Perform analysis of processes, procedures and practices, in Healthcare Systems area and identify and make recommendation for innovation and improvement.
- Strong strategic planning and project management capabilities.
- Creative problem solving ability with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Responsibility to include having an in depth working knowledge of all company facets and business activities: …. in order to provide solutions and options to end users' requests for service and problem solving
- Interface with company user areas to determine specific IT requirements; provide recommendations concerning enhancements, areas of improvement or new development.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving capabilities and approaches each problem in a logical and analytical manner with high degree of perseverance; problems escalated to management, have been thoroughly researched and include a definitive statement of the issues, an identification of alternative solutions, the pros and cons of each, the recommended course of action, and the consequences of the decision.
- Displays an ability to anticipate and be responsive to management needs and exercise proper judgment in performing as part of the "Management Team".
- In accordance with established regular communications with management, regularly updates and briefs staff; keeps staff apprised of progress, problems, and objectives and initiates discussions and solicits input regarding program priorities, plans and progress.
- Performs other assignments as required by management
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.