As a Senior Funder - responsible for all mortgage related products, assisting in training new hires for funding, preparing and/or updating loan procedures related to funding, loan deliveries and post-closing. Understands and applies funding guidelines to ensure loans comply with investor and regulatory requirements within the company. Accurately review loan documents and prepare loan deliveries to FNMA, HUD or any other acquired investors or correspondents. Fund on all 1st and 2nd Mortgage loan products. Reviews loan packages to ensure that loans approved meet both federal and state compliance regulations. Perform Loan Quality Initiative reviews both pre and post-funding on files to ensure loans are in compliance with HUD, TIL and RESPA guidelines. Clear outstanding conditions within designated authority for all closers as applicable and when completed, set file up for funding. Follow up with any post-closing issues within a timely matter. Responsible for making decision about work flow and file assignments. Troubleshoots system issues and resolves funding issues for all closers.
1. Validate and verify all conditions are cleared with Underwriter/Processor prior to documents. Coordinate with Escrow, Title, and member, insure loan is properly locked, draw final documents in accordance with loan approval. Validate credit authorities. Coordinate loan signing; follow-up on documents out. Assist Escrow and Title with questions. Once the file is received from the underwriter, reviews files closely to ensure all correct documents and services are ordered in a timely manner to expedite closing. Follows up on all documents from Escrow. Analyzes and reviews all title searches, payoffs, conditions, etc. for preparing mortgage loan file for closing. Works closely with the escrow and title companies to ensure accurate and timely closing. Contact members directly as needed for follow up documentation. Completes final documents as needed for closing based on lock commitments, work with escrow companies, loan originators and members for closing. Also contacts notaries as needed.
2. Review signed documents for accuracy of signing (completeness) verifying NO alterations and in compliance with Federal and State Regulations. Sign off; complete Funding Checklist. Validates DTI’s and CLTV to ensure accuracy. Reviews pipeline daily and keeps system updated constantly with accurate closing information. Funds Mortgage products – calculating accurate funding figures; including per diem, pay offs. Prepares wires, validates figures, including lending authorities. Prepares files for shipping to Investor per investor’s guidelines and/or prepares Portfolio loan files. Monitor MERS report database and run MERS and any corrections.
3. Balance and reconcile with accounting all monthly mortgage general ledger accounts. Including reconciling with our sub-servicer for accuracy of loan boarding.
4. Responsible for all mortgage related products including training new hires for funding, preparing loan procedures pertaining to funding, loan deliveries and post-closing.
5. Second signature authority to authorize loan funding, wires and collateral delivery for other funders.
6. Assigns work to peers, answers questions and provides guidance on complex funding related questions.
7. Serves as SME on projects as assigned as well as keep job procedures and processes up to date at all times.
8. Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities.
9. Responsible for reviewing/revising/developing procedures pertaining to job responsibilities on an as needed basis.
10. Maintains member and other sensitive information with confidentiality.
11. Continues to assist in company-wide testing for new products, conversion, maintenance and mergers.
12. Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities. Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner. Maintains member, team members and other sensitive information with confidentiality. Treats co-workers and members with respect.
13. Supports member relations and events that promotes member centric experiences.
14. Other related duties as assigned
- Three years’ experience in mortgage loan closing and/or mortgage processing.
- Must be knowledgeable Mortgage loans products, federal and state regulations.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and tack in both internal and external consumer relations.
- Proficiency in the operations of Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a high aptitude for detail work, research and problem solving. Must be able to work with a heavy volume of work and several projects at the same time.
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Experience in title, escrow, mortgage or financial institutions and knowledge of mortgage documentation is preferred.
- Notary public commission is preferred.
- Mortgage related training or equivalent work experience.