Processes and works directly with loan originators, underwriters, and various vendors; and members to close Mortgage loans. Other duties as assigned and helping with special projects on an on-going basic. Conversion projects and HMDA reporting.
- Once the file is received from the underwriter, assists in the review of files closely to ensure all correct documents and services are ordered in a timely manner to expedite closing; inputs data, and prepares document packages. Analyses and reviews all title searches, payoffs, and signs off on all conditions, etc. for preparing mortgage loan file for closing. Works closely with the escrow and title companies to ensure accurate and timely closing. Contact member directly as needed for follow up documentation; cross sales other Credit Union products and services to members as needed.
- Prepares all final figures, data, and requirements for final documents as needed based on lock commitments, work with escrow companies, loan originators and members for closing. Also contacts notaries as needed.
- Processes HELOC/2nd Mortgage loan products- using Encompass database to fund and export data to DNA; verifying all documentation and underwriting guidelines to ensure Credit Union’s lien position.
- Assists in training team members on reviewing of conditions, new guidelines, document preparation, etc.
- Assists in the review of HMDA reporting Also, assists in the review of the quarterly HMDA Lar.
- Ability to write procedures for new processes as needed and directed. Provides training to others in the organization.
- Trains and assists other members of the department based on the overall knowledge and experience of consumer loans, back office functions, and general account correction.
- Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner. Mystery shops and Cross selling.
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Continues to assist in company wide testing for new products, conversion, maintenance and mergers.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities. Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner. Maintains member, team members and other sensitive information with confidentiality. Treats co-workers and members with respect.
- Supports member relations and events that promotes member centric experiences.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Three years Mortgage loan processing experience.
- Working knowledge of NCUA lending regulations, and mortgage lending and collections concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC underwriting guidelines. Working knowledge of Mortgage / Consumer processing systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with members, management, team members and external third-parties.
- Ability to interface with people in a positive manner with empathy, courtesy and tact.
- Good interpersonal and consulting skills.
- Team oriented and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems relative to member service needs.
- Must be able to coordinate, manage and guide multiple priorities simultaneously and effectively through to completion. Proficient with PC and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- High School Diploma