Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Technical Services Senior Packaging Engineer will work closely with business partners to improve current packaging, address manufacturing issues & optimize packaging activities, evaluate new technologies, seek cost savings and maintain networks of external partners. Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete fit/fill assessments and make recommendations for optimization
- Set specifications for bulk unit dimensions related to slat fit/size to ensure consistent fit and operations
- Ensure the hopper fill determination are correct and bulk flow from hopper to conveyor including feed rates are optimal
- Understand and solve issues related to bulk flow or interactions with bottle or line set up
- Drive and implement continuous improvement throughout the packaging organization.
- Help establish and/or refine Packaging Engineering SOP’s for critical packaging processes.
- Manage assigned workload through effective time management, planning, and coordination of projects to assure required deadlines are met.
- Drive and identify gross margin improvement projects through the optimization of primary and secondary package design / re-design. Report cost savings initiatives on packaging related projects.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to support continuous improvement programs in the manufacturing processes through the redesign of packaging components.
- Maintain knowledge of the developments and trends in packaging for possible applications with the company’s present and future products.
- Create and revise packaging specifications, bill of materials, pallet patterns and testing protocols to support manufacturing.
- Understand basic supplier manufacturing processes including plastic molding, flexible materials and secondary carton / corrugate.
- Assists with revising and approving changes to the master batch records, change controls, deviations or other required documentation in support of manufacturing/packaging existing in-line products.
- Defines and implements solutions for routine tasks, balancing achievement of milestones with high quality standards.
- Planning and collection of data for activities related to packaging process monitoring.
- Lead data collection and evaluation.
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and procedures.
- Performs/Leads in conducting an RCA’s (Basic Problem Solving) Practices with multifunctional teams to determine the Root Cause and corrective action
- Explores and shares new scientific information, technologies, products and processes with the Science and Technology community.
- Builds awareness of developments outside of the company through attendance/presentations at trade associations or scientific meetings.
- Maintains external collaborations with suppliers, academia and other professional bodies.
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of own data.
- Ensures that all internal and external work activities are conducted to appropriated standards, in accordance with Company policies, laws, quality standards, SOPs , etc.