What Manufacturing Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for developing manufacturing processes, production floor layouts and associated tools. Reviews new designs for manufacturability. Designs process improvements to reduce product cost, process cycle time and improved product quality. Lead position of a sustaining engineering team that will support CAH manufacturing locations with an emphasis on project related to Injection Molding
- Leadership on a day to day basis as this Sr. Principal Engineer has two direct reports.
- Required to support major capital project primarily associated with Inject Mold tooling.
- Lead position of a sustaining engineering team that will support CAH manufacturing locations with an emphasis on project related to Injection Molding
- Direct plant support may have a process that a manufacturing sites is not providing quality product and we go in like a firefighting team and fix the problem. Will be supporting the plastics and injection molding businesses.
- Inner communication to vendors that provide the assets to them. Handle business globally so a lot of tooling happens in Singapore. Ability to work well with suppliers is important.
- Communication to different levels of management. Maintaining projects and schedules.
- Medical industry manufacturing – documentation and regulations that have to be followed.
- Will be traveling 50% of the time to the manufacturing sites they support based on prioritization of projects.
- Bachelors degree in related field highly preferred
- A minimum of 6+ years related work experience
- Journeyman certification- apprenticeship in a tool room and how to manage the equipment and steels.
- Experience in tooling is preferred
- Working with high capital projects
- Technical background and experience in medical industry working with medical devices.
- Ability to lead team toward operational objectives
- Aptitude to contribute to strategic goal-setting for department/business unit
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.