Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Senior Project Engineer will recommend, scope, plan, design, develop and execute capital projects in production and packaging sites using TPM based Early Management tools and sound business rationale. Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing processes and facilities to improve all plant metrics. Prepare Project Requirements for, select and manage Contractors as necessary to support project execution. Contribute to the development of peers and organization through TPM based Early Management tools.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute strategic capital investment projects using all TPM based Early Management Tools.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Support production and packaging facilities with technical leadership and facilitation of Root Cause Analysis, Focused Improvement and FMEA (Failure Modes Effects Analysis).
- Develop plan for equipment FATs (Factory Acceptance Testing). Expected to lead plant personnel through FAT process from concept to production.
- Participate in the development of Start Up planning with plant personnel to identify all additional labor requirements, scrap produced and start up inefficiencies.
- Ensure that all projects are completed with proper technical documentation, training, spare parts lists and support contacts based on FMEA and plant input. Develop and use standard project turnover and close out check lists.
- Partner with EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) on safety and ergonomic requirements to all equipment and layouts.
- Hold all vendors and contractors accountable to all fiduciary commitments and GMP and safety practices.
- Set performance guarantee criteria for all suppliers and vendors supplying equipment and solutions.
- Accountable for ensuring supplier and vendor commitments are fully met.
- Complete all projects on time, within budget and within scope and stated results.
- Participate in the Capital Planning Process leveraging experience and technical expertise.
- Develop project timelines and milestones around plant production commitments to ensure project completion. Utilized Gantt charts or the like to communicate project timelines and progress.
- Leverage standardization and Reliability Centered Maintenance principles to support project success.
- Communicate effectively both internally and with all customers to update status.
- May perform other duties as required.