Sr. Project Manager - TS/SCI w/ Poly
The successful candidate will perform day-to-day management of Network-related projects, develop long-term and strategic objectives to ensure that end user requirements are met, and possess a strong technical understanding of data center operations. The candidate will perform horizontal integration planning with other functional areas and ensure technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner. Projects will consist of core network transport engineering and Infrastructure as a Service design and delivery. Network specific projects will include a large technology refresh, significant expansion, and large-scale transition to a new procurement model requiring most of the network services to be re-acquired. The candidate will be a lead the way the organization plans, implements, and manages data center network infrastructure technology.
Typical duties include:
- Ensure that project tasks are completed within deadlines
- Ensure that projects are adequately funded on an ongoing basis. The project manager will need to track multiple lines of funding and expenditures
- Ensure that projects are properly coordinated among the stakeholders, engineering teams, and cyber security team
- Ensure that project personnel are qualified to perform the given tasks and potential project personnel problems are preempted
- Remain conscious of relevant security polices
- Establish and implement streamlined processes and procedures
- Ensure applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place
- Direct the daily operations of the projects by analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology Management or technical discipline with related industry experience in software engineering, systems engineering, or network engineering.
- 12+ years as a Project Manager managing technical projects in a customer's environment
- Experience managing projects using the customer’s Project Management Framework (PMF)
- Must have a strong and proven background in software development
- Proven experience coordinating and synchronizing a number of IT projects, developing and maintaining a master schedule, developing and maintaining a high level budget, and preparing senior management communication briefs.
- Experience managing multiple network projects
- Proven experience leading teams and working across organizational boundaries to meet mission requirements
- Proven experience briefing senior leadership
- Experience utilizing MS Office products (i.e Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Proven experience streamlining processes and procedures
- Proven experience managing data center projects within schedule, scope and cost
- PMP Certification
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.