Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As Sr. QMS Program Manager to our Extended Care business, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
The Extended Care (EC) suite of businesses provides services that extend the reach of physicians and payers with a goal of closing gaps in care and expanding direct-to-consumer offerings. The businesses currently include Chronic Care Management, the Quest/WalMart Joint Venture (JV) retail business, and MedXM, a risk-assessment business. These businesses engage patients in our retail settings or home based environment as well as engaging them electronically and by phone.
The Sr. QMS Program Manager will play a key role in driving actions across the three businesses to enable achievement of the EC Hoshins. The Sr. Program Manager will work in close collaboration with other Extended Care leadership team members to define strategy, articulate a plan of action, and provide center-led support to achieve goals. Initial focus will be on the following:
Achieve successful integration of MedXM as a member of the broader project team to realization the potential of this market.
In partnership with Joint Venture and Regional teams, stand-up new JV sites.
Oversee deployment and integration efforts for new service offerings within and across business lines
As a new business venture, Extended Care is focused on leveraging core Quest capabilities while exploring new uncharted opportunities to engage patients and clients in a value-added way. The Sr. QMS Program Manager will leverage change management, process improvement, and project management skills in this highly matrixed and evolving space. Direct engagement with senior staff members across Extended Care, Regions, and partners, as well as presentations to the executive team will be required.
The successful incumbent will be comfortable operating in a highly matrixed structure, across business lines, with agility and a drive for results.
The Sr. QMS Program Manager will sit with our Secaucus, NJ, HQ. Travel is expected to near 25% initially and decrease after 3-6 months of employment.
This position will lead a variety of large projects or programs to apply Quest Management System (QMS) principles and tools to ensure Quest Diagnostics is efficient and effective in the delivery of its services, solutions, and processes while improving customer and employee satisfaction. This position will also be responsible for coaching others to learn and apply QMS principles and tools to their daily work.
The Quest Management System (QMS) is Quest Diagnostics’ approach to using a set of proven tools and methodologies to drive successful execution of, and results from, key initiatives and day-to-day work. It is the structured way we manage, lead, and solve problems.
It is built on 7 practices:
1. Management approach & governance
2. Breakthrough management and Hoshin planning
3. Customer insights and solutions development
4. Process management
5. Continuous improvement
6. Project management
7. Change management
Quest Diagnostics follows a 5-step approach to project management consistent with that of the world re-known Project Management Institute (PMI): Initiate – Plan – Execute – Monitor – Close.
-Leads projects through issues, roadblocks, and problems
- Acts as a change agent to drive teams toward success
- Guides team members to perform through issues and constraints
- Owns the timeline, budget, resource constraints, and deliverables / results
- Shifts between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details
- Is prepared to roll up their sleeves and work through detailed issues
- Ensures all appropriate tools are completed and used effectively (e.g., charter, gantt chart, status updates)
- Actively communicates with project sponsors and stakeholders
- Establishes regular points of communication
- Manages sponsor and stakeholders expectations
Delivers the expected results
- Performs root cause analysis on project shortfalls and takes corrective action as necessary
Applies project management tools and techniques, as well as other QMS principles and tools, toward a variety of large, and likely inter-related, projects
Establishes and leads programs comprised of multiple projects, including designing how information is rolled up and cascaded down, operating rhythms and mechanisms, and tracking against the integrated set of milestones and deliverables
Coaches other employees on the use of various tools, concepts and practices foundational to QMS in order for Quest Diagnostics employees to build self-sufficiency, sustainability and scalability
Active effort toward obtaining a PMP certification administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI) required
Qualifications/ Job Requirements
1. Demonstrated experience leading large or complex projects with multiple workstreams from initiation to completion (7+ years of experience)
2. Demonstrated experience facilitating discussions or workshops
3. Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with others
4. Demonstrated experience leading changes
5. Demonstrated ability to influence business leaders
6. Demonstrated data analysis skills
7. Some experience with process management
8. Basic knowledge of VOC tools
9. General knowledge of Hoshin and breakthrough planning
10. Effective written and verbal communication skills across multiple formats: formal presentations, meetings, conference calls, e-mails, and memos
11. Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
• Participation in Communities of Practice
• Leading of QMS training classes
• Documentation of business processes
• Completion of required continued learning
• Bachelor's degree required
• Formal training in project management or continuous improvement methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, Lean, Theory of Constraints) desired
Provided Training and Certifications
• QMS “Core Practitioner Training” (internally provided and to be completed within 6 months of entering into the role) which includes:
Customer Insights training
Process Management training
Continuous Improvement training
Project Management training
Change Management training
Other (e.g., Influencing without Authority, Vertical and Horizontal Logic, Writing Business Cases)
• PMP Certification (externally administered by the Project Management Institute) -- to be completed within 12 months of entering into the role
Skills and Behaviors Critical for Success in the Role
• Problem solving skills
• Verbal communication skills
• Written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Decision making skills
• Planning and organization skills
• Negotiation skills
• Able to learn new concepts rapidly
• Able to work independently with little supervision
• Some evening work hours may be required, depending on project needs