Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As Sr. Regional Materials Manager to Quest’s East Region, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
Manage the material management processes for assigned Quest Diagnostic Information Services Business Region. Responsible for managing material replenishment and material movement activities for Regional Hub Laboratories, Regional Support Laboratories, Rapid Response Labs, Patient Services Centers and IOPs. Responsibilities for this position includes: All aspects of the materials management process including materials replenishment, requisitioning, delivery, receipt & internal distribution of product. The Sr. Regional Materials Manager must effectively develop and execute operating objectives for the Materials Organization, manage inventory levels and item availability assuring laboratory operational objectives are met.
1. Assure ongoing compliance of material management system with all applicable and current Internal Audit, Compliance, College of American Pathologists (CAP), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Finance and Materials Management, policies and procedures.
2. Manage a multi-site Regional Materials Management team, including warehouse staff.
3. Act as liaison between requisitioners and the Corporate Purchasing Operations Center (POC), including but not limited to requisition review, tracking of open orders, resolution of backorders, problem resolution, Supplier input, management of product quality issues in region, returns and damaged goods.
4. Ensure all key performance indicators (KPI’s) meet or exceed targets including backorders, inventory turns, internal Turn-around-Times, Inventory accuracy and productivity targets etc.
5. Effectively manages inventories and replenishment processes through the corporate Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (PeopleSoft/StockClerk).
6. Develop direct reports in all supply chain areas including planning, inventory management and cost analysis.
7. Utilizing lean/Six Sigma tools to drive year-over-year reductions in supply and service costs through continuous improvement initiatives.
8. Collaborate with Corporate Procurement, Regional Operations Leadership and laboratory departments to develop systems and processes to enhance laboratory supply management
9. Interface with Regional Leadership team members assuring proper material management support of key initiatives including new business acquisition, major platform changes, new facility start-ups and consolidations.
10. Develop planning tools, reports and information to aid laboratory team in effectively manage and reduce supply costs.
11. Key contributor to the development and enhancement of Corporate Materials Management policies and practices maintaining full compliance with materials and financial controls.
12. Create breakthrough strategies which deliver quick wins and generate legitimate business value.
13. Perform value stream mapping to identify and improve processes
14. Experience with supplier agreements including Terms & Conditions
15. Identify and resolve operational bottlenecks related to materials to prevent operational delays and ultimately negative impacts
16. Identify, implement, and track both long and short-term strategies that ensure positive results in the areas of financial performance, materials management, and inventory control.
1. Candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree. Focus in Supply Chain/Logistics, Materials Management, Business, or Technical field is strongly preferred.
2. At least 10 years’ experience in purchasing/ supply chain management and operations environments.
3. Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) would be a plus
4. Thorough understanding of purchasing / materials / planning management systems
5. Lean/Six Sigma greenbelt certification or equivalent experience
6. Minimum of 4 years supervisor/manager experience required
7. Ability to form strong team-based relationships with internal partners and internal customers, as well as external parties.
8. Knowledge of the diagnostic testing/pharmaceutical industry preferred
9. Results oriented. Ability to set high standards and achieve them.
10. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.) or equivalent and purchasing-related systems.
11. Possess excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Personal Trait Profile:
1. Results oriented with keen sense of focused urgency
2. Strong communicator
3. Engaging leader
4. Continuous Improvement mindset
Measures of Performance – This position will be measured by the ability to meet all delivery requirements, material cost reductions, and inventory targets.