This person will join a team that supports many critical business systems, including SQL Server, SQL Integration Services, SQL Reporting Services, BizTalk, and ERP platforms. This position will regularly interface with business analysts and customers to gather requirements, provide estimates, execute work, perform quality testing and provide application support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in all phases of development of database and system projects from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing and deployment. Support and maintain existing systems, applications, jobs and processes.
- Develop stored procedures and views in SQL Server to support new business requirements.
- Develop SSIS packages to support business requirements and data access/manipulation.
- Develop new reports from multiple data sources using SSRS.
- Participate in peer code reviews and QA testing
- Maintain data integrity when manipulating data files for the purpose of analysis. Validate data thoroughly by using multiple data sources or criteria when necessary to ensure accuracy of results
- Create mock-ups of planned development work and get buy-in from appropriate SMEs or product owners prior to execution.
- Follow best practices and established standards when developing new applications, processes, etc.
- Act as a subject matter expert as it pertains to our business-critical systems.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
Application and Data Support
- Act as Tier 2 and 3 application support for our systems; this requires active monitoring, maintenance and support of business-critical systems.
- Manage, monitor and validate regular data downloads from the company's and partners business systems.
- Ensure that all jobs are running successfully and take appropriate actions when issues are found.
- Independently identify and solve data problems, informing all parties concerned.
- Troubleshoot SSIS package failures and fix as necessary
- Work with 3rd party vendors and engineers as necessary
- Evaluate and automate database and reporting systems regularly to improve and maintain efficiency and reliability.
- Identify user needs to create and administer databases; ensure that the database operates efficiently and without error. Make and test modifications to the database structure when needed.
- Backup and restore data to prevent data loss, merge old databases into new ones.
- Actively monitor database systems and troubleshoot errors.
- Document all essential duties and processes in a manual format for training purposes.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail
- 5+ years SQL Server 2012/2017 administration experience.
- 5+ years T-SQL development experience, with good working knowledge of best practices.
- ETL and BI solution development and maintenance experience using SQL Server 2008R2/2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS. Zappy's and CozyRoc components a plus.
- Experience working with source control systems - TFS, Azure DevOps a plus.
- Oracle EPM/OBI experience a plus.
- Experience with T-SQL development/analysis in an environment using ORM tools.
- Experience with SQL Server Profiler to diagnose SQL issues.
- Experience with SharePoint 2013/SharePoint Online.
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 and Active Directory.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017.
- Possess excellent communication skills, the drive to succeed and work independently and on a team, with the ability to multi task, and deliver quality results.
- Required: 5-7 years of experience of progressive experience in an Information Technology environment as a Business Systems Analyst or SQL Developer
- Preferred Oil and Gas Industry experience. Familiarity with DM2, PDI, Sage or Trinium ERP systems.
TECHNOLOGY TO BE USED:
- Hardware -PC's/laptops/terminals/tablets
- Operating Systems -Windows 7/8/10
- Tools - MS Office Suite: Office 365, MS Project, Visio, SSMS, Visual Studio, Red Gate SQL Tool Belt, Manage Engine, Zappy's / CozyRoc SSIS components
- Collaboration: Slack, Skype, Zoom, Webex, GoToMeeting
- SQL Server: 5 years (Required)
- T-SQL: 5 years (Preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.