The Core Platform team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help build the next iteration of a CMS platform that supports over 200 properties including local news operations, sports operations, The Tennis Channel, and STIRR. Our Current major initiatives are to support middleware system and to combine shared services pulled out of 2 publishing monoliths into a suite of microservices using a pluggable event based microservice architecture using Auth0, Kafka, Redis, Other database solutions (RDBMS, AWS Aurora), Java, Node.Js and Video streaming services.
- Help to design and develop application services and tools which support multiple workflows for content management. EX: Authentication, User Management, Property Management, and Template Management
- Work with the team to develop platform systems that are architecturally sound, performant, scalable, secure, highly available, and reliable.
- Follow and adhere to quality standards and software specifications
- Commit and deliver features that are secure, scalable, reliable, and performant on a regular cadence
- Contribute to and actively participate in all team ceremonies
- Collaborate with team members and other teams and contribute positively to the company culture
- Provide actionable solutions to new discoveries or technical hurdles
- Operationally support your team’s products
- Participate in design and code reviews, following established quality and best software development practices
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years developing with Java and associated frameworks
- 2+ years of experience with AWS and cloud systems (EC2, VPC, ECS, S3, RDS, EKS, API gateway, Lambda, Cloudsearch)
- 2+ years of experience with GitLab, SQL and/or NoSQL
- Strong knowledge of and experience with using web services, REST, and web protocols
- Experience working in an agile team and have participated in agile ceremonies
- 2+ years development with Node.js
- Experience working on highly scalable and reliable server-side web services
- Experience working on micro-service based complex distributed systems
- Previous experience working in a continuous delivery workflow
- Experience with writing both Unit and Automated tests
- Experience Coding, Testing and Deploying environments with Java and serverless backend services
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to mentor junior engineers
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.