The Bountiful Company is a global leader in health and wellness, living at the intersection of science and nature. As a manufacturer, marketer and seller of vitamins, minerals, herbals, supplements, protein bars and powders, we are focused on enhancing the health and wellness of people’s lives. The brands of The Bountiful Company are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Solgar®, Pure Protein®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Puritan’s Pride®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx®, Ester-C® and Dr.Organic®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Bountiful Company. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Bountiful Company is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Senior Logistics Specialist-Domestic is responsible for working closely with the Corporate Transportation leadership team and cross-functionally with other departments (Distribution, Sales, Customer Care, Global Procurement, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, Accounting) to achieve strategic corporate goals of customer on-time delivery while minimizing truckload/LTL transportation expenses via request for proposal (RFP) events, collaborating to achieve optimized shipments and schedules with both internal and external customers, and compliance with approved carriers listed in the company's Route Guide and transportation management system (Oracle Transportation Management).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for rating, routing, and selecting the best value truckload or LTL carrier based on both cost and service required. Responsible to move freight in multiple directions (outbound, inbound, intracompany) within the USA.
- Identify carrier performance that is below target, perform root cause analysis and contribute continuous improvement actions to raise On Time performance to meet specified targets.
- Ensure that both Routing Guide and Spot Truckload rates are competitive with current market rates based on shipment volumes by checking the DAT RateView software system.
- Work and interface closely with various departments including distribution, manufacturing, packaging, sales, customer service, procurement, supply chain planning, quality, finance, and accounting to ensure accurate transportation planning and execution.
- Work closely with the Corporate Transportation leadership team to establish department standard operating procedures (SOP) to streamline operations and improve productivity.
- Work and interface closely with all bulk material and inventory planners, manufacturing and warehouse shippers and receivers to ensure on-time and damage free delivery.
- Responsible for proactively tracking and developing freight flow analysis, identify optimization opportunities and maintain high service levels.
- Administer the carrier on-boarding process for new carriers selected by Corporate Transportation. On-boarding tasks include but not limited to: EDI certification (214, 204), Supplier Compliance Agreement and other related documentation.
- Manage the carrier freight claims process by using the EZ Claims software system.
- Support the execution of transportation continuous improvement projects which reduce cost or improve service.
- Facilitate Truckload “Spot Rate” quote requests (RFQ) for Inbound, Outbound or Transfer lanes or for special projects as frequently as required. Maintain the Spot Quote Rate Tracking file to support freight payment accuracy.
- Cross-train other Corporate Transportation associates as required to develop team capabilities.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned as required