What Instructional Design & Development contributes to Cardinal Health
Instructional Design & Development is responsible for creating and implementing blended learning solutions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts, instructional design theory, and measurement and evaluation methods.
- Consults with business leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify performance needs and recommend solutions.
- Uses instructional design methodology to design, develop and/or deliver blended learning solutions.
- Evaluates and measures instructional solutions to gauge effectiveness.
- Partners with external vendors to ensure programs/products meet requirements and objectives.
- Uses e-learning authoring software programs to develop and deliver interactive training experiences.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions while partnering with members of the Learning Technologies Team to add, administer and maintain training in the learning management system.
- Facilitates instructor-led training demonstrating effective use of presentation/facilitation tools, techniques, and materials, etc.
The Instructional Designer will have responsibility for the design, and development of both Online and Classroom Learning modules. The Instructional Designer will interview SMEs, chunk content, write and produce training materials, conduct SME reviews and conducting train-the-train sessions with facilitators to ensure successful delivery of the training content.
- Interview Subject Matter Experts to collect necessary information to design and develop blended education solutions.
- Design, develop, organize and write engaging, interactive online and classroom training programs on products, process, systems and skills.
- Conceptualize and develop evaluation measures, including knowledge checks, course evaluations, and tests.
- Participate in content review, revision, and sign-off cycles.
- Conduct train-the-trainer programs with the delivery team in a variety of formats to meet the needs of the organization.
- Build and maintain relationships by consistently delivering high quality, effective training programs that exceed expectations.
- Provide status reporting, issue identification, and problem solving.
The duties listed above are intended to outline the main responsibilities of this position. The duties are not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of a similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and Adult Learning Principles
- Experience in using authoring software (including, but not limited to: Articulate Suite, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).
- Proven ability to develop engaging and effective training curriculum to provide essential knowledge, teach key behaviors and enhance user metrics.
- Strong attention to detail (proofreading and editing skills a plus).
- Excellent organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven self-starter with desire to learn and accept new challenges.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
- Any certifications from Professional Associations for Instructional Design preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.