What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, branding an
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business. Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders.
- Identifies and remains current on market trends. Determines product/service life cycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet customer needs.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan this includes identifying the appropriate channels to market. Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
The Sr. Specialist, Labeling Project Management provides business value by managing and driving the Change Development Process (CDP) for Cardinal Health products across the Patient Recovery business unit. The Sr Specialist position achieves this through a cross-functional process that results in the creation of, collection of inputs for, and routing and completion of the CDP process as a deliverable to specific, large scale artwork projects owned by the Labeling Group, beginning with the EU MDR project owned by Regulatory. The understanding of the CDP process, inputs and deliverables as well as an understanding of the scope and requirements of the project are integral to the successful completion of the Sr. Specialist responsibilities.
- Reports to the Sr. Labeling Project Manager
- Attends Project Workstream meetings in order to discuss CDP inputs and requirements
- Assigns CDP deliverables and track completion of deliverables to cross-functional team members
- Ability to work and communicate verbally and via email with cross-functional teams within the project workstream
- Track progress of Project CDPs and effectively follow-up towards completion of milestones
- Proactive identification of potential CDP and Project Risks, with collaborative Problem-solving and problem escalation to Sr. Project Managers, as required
- Provide updates utilizing the defined process and via defined communication tools to project team members, RA and Labeling Management
- Expert user of the Patient Recovery Agile CDP Process
- Requirements, Inputs and Deliverables
- Approval routing
- Project management skill set and coordination (initiation, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing)
- Communication skills
- Risk mitigation
- Problem recognition and solving
- Prioritizes multiple tasks while meeting deadlines; proactively communicates project CDP status to stakeholders in an open and honest fashion. Effectively balances competing project constraints.
- Ability to proactively and assertively deliver CDP and Project coordination and management to meet deadlines established in a fast-paced organization.
- Able to drive several concurrent CDPs for complex projects
- Able to contribute to the development of policies and procedures to improve processes and increase production efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Able to complete work independently. Can be trusted to do the right thing 100% of the time.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 2+ years experience in related field, preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.