Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Job Summary:This position is responsible for the strategic sourcing of various indirect procurement categories (with a concentration on Professional Services), negotiating purchases of products and services, developing supplier agreements, and delivering financial savings.
- Responsible for the strategic sourcing of various products and services across multiple business lines by leveraging the end-to-end sourcing and stakeholder engagement process.
- Partnering, interfacing, and building relationships with internal customers to understand their requirements for products and services.
- Draft, negotiate, and execute supplier agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, and RFx documents with the objective of creating strategic business opportunities and savings for the organization.
- Build and maintain strategic supplier relationships to help reduce costs and eliminate inefficiencies.
- Utilize multi-step sourcing to gather requirements, launch RFx initiatives, evaluate and analyze results, and communicate recommendations to all levels of the organization and external supply base.
- Evaluate and manipulate supplier spend data to assess savings opportunities and develop category strategies.
- Utilize legal and risk management knowledge to minimize contractual risk, obtain executive signatures, and avoid contractual and/or commitment issues.
- Ensure that suppliers and service providers comply with all service level agreements and regulatory requirements for the products and/or services that they provide.
- Reviewing specifications and Capital Expense Requests to understand internal client needs, budgetary requirements, and savings opportunities meeting project deliverables and timelines.
- Providing strategic sourcing support for “special projects”
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative supplier analyses and formulating appropriate recommendations.
- Exercising ethical business practices and being familiar with legal requirements.
- Generating revenue through productivity initiatives, rebates, and contract signing bonuses.
- Advocate issues between suppliers and internal clients.
- Contributing to the development of business system initiatives and enhancements.