Leidos is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to support a large customer organization. Position is located in Bethesda, MD. Candidates must currently possess a TS/SCI Polygraph security clearance.
Responsibilities and tasks may include some or all of the following:
- Provide subject matter expertise for detailed planning, design, and implementation guidance to ensure successful adoption of enterprise IT systems throughout the Intelligence Community.
- Facilitate collaboration and negotiation of complex trade-offs involving separate IC policies, technology environments, and resources.
- Provide assessments of policies, plans, and requirements and recommend appropriate responses to address any issues surfaced to ensure comprehensive planning across communities of interest.
- Assist government client with developing programmatic goals and objectives, schedules, and reports to high-level government managers.
- Review and assess IC implementation plans to identify issues early in the plans.
- Develop and review presentation materials to communicate enterprise objectives and goals.
- Maintain schedules with significant milestones to enable accurate tracking along critical paths.
- Facilitate and resolve problems within working groups to ensure completion of goals and objectives and communicating progress to executive management.
- Communicate enterprise goals and objectives to high-level committees and working groups.
- Apply critical analytical thinking to proposed directives, recommendations and guidance documents originating from a variety of sources and provide critical comments and recommendations for improving them.
- Develop and/or maintain guiding documents, such as mission service transition plans, and CONOPs.
- Provide meeting coordination and facilitation support to IC workgroups to identify, address and implement solutions to enterprise issues.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Requires 15 years of developing, implementing, integrating, and evaluating systems engineering-related projects and 10 years developing, implementing, integrating, and evaluating IC systems engineering-related projects.
Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or Information Technology is desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to consistently provide high-quality products that are concise, thorough and accurate.
- Ability to adapt in response to shifts in customer priorities.
- Experience collaborating with diverse IC stakeholders to drive consensus and forward progress.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.