Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Nature's Bounty Co. is currently recruiting for a Sr. Technical Services Scientist. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and collaborative team to support formulation and manufacturing processes for our solid dose product. Reporting to the Tech Services Manager, the Sr. Tech Services Scientist will work closely with multifunctional teams to help improve current products, address manufacturing issues, evaluate new technologies and/or ingredients, seek cost savings and maintain networks of external partners. Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s) is required. Project goals are accomplished with the supervision of the support Supply Chain technicians and scientists.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Formulates nutritional supplement products in various forms in support of manufacturing.
- Creates and approves new raw material specifications, master batch records, change controls, deviations or other required documentation in support of manufacturing existing in-line products.
- Leads scale up strategies, and qualifies and transfers technologies/processes to other internal manufacturing sites, or externally.
- Defines and implements solutions for assigned tasks, balancing achievement of milestones with high quality standards.
- Provides technical leadership to manufacturing including but not limited to formulation or process improvements, formulation globalization, cost savings initiatives, and trouble shooting.
- Interacts with multifunctional teams (including Quality, Procurement, Product Development and Manufacturing) and the Technical Design Council to resolve issues as may arise during the manufacturing of existing products.
- Negotiates timeline commitments among other team members such that agreed objectives and timings for completion of activities are achieved. Rapidly communicates major changes to project plans to manager/director.
- Sets and refines individual priorities as necessary to remain focused on objectives and project milestones under rapidly changing circumstances.
- Looks for innovative and better ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value added steps of processes and procedures.
- Explores and shares new scientific information, technologies, products and processes with the Science and Technology community. Builds awareness of developments outside of NBTY through attendance/presentations at trade associations or scientific meetings. Leads external collaborations with suppliers, academia and other professional bodies.
- Performs comprehensive, sophisticated and critical evaluation of own data and data from other scientists.
- Ensures that all internal and external work activities are conducted to appropriated standards, in accordance with Company policies, laws, quality standards, SOPs , etc.