Shift: M-F 10am- close working approx 10-12 hours a day & occasional Mandatory weekends ( based on business need)
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Researching picking errors, shortages and overages. Helping with process improvement to correct errors. Working with service issues within CRM, followed by entering research findings into the Corporate Tracker. Preparing vendor return paperwork for returned goods and ENM. Working with the ASO team and customers to assist in coordinating deliveries to customers, and helping back-up/support the day-to-day office functions. Frequent interaction with customers, suppliers, customer service, operations team members, field service specialists, and inventory team members. Answer incoming phone calls, and monitoring the "rush" bucket. Filing freight claims etc..
- High school diploma or GED required some college preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office preferred
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Working in similar environment in leadership positions in past or in volunteer work preferred
- Understanding or Lean Six Sigma & process improvement. (white or yellow) belt preferred but not required
- Applying lean principles in a 5S environment (preferably a warehouse or manufacturing setting)
- Quality Checking or Lead experience preferred but not required
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with limited supervision. Work occasionally involves review of output by work lead or supervisor
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
Pre-Employment- Must be able to pass a criminal background check & hair follicle drug test ( your hair is cut & tested back 90 days)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.