What Global Trade Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Global Trade is responsible to facilitate compliant and effective international shipments. The Global Trade Data team offers insightful analysis of data of the import-export business to better inform business decisions.
Cardinal Health’s Global Trade Data & Duty Minimization Team supports the compliant creation and maintenance of trade related data to ensure efficient, effective and compliant border crossings for our global organization.
- Team members will partner closely with product experts to assign product classifications, determine country of origin from a customs and health agency perspective, as well as qualify products for free trade agreements.
- Partner closely with our finance partners to ensure proper product valuation for Customs purposes.
- In depth knowledge of these concepts will be required as team members will also be responsible for designing and implementing automated processes in these areas.
- Will support our Global Supply Chain Security programs by collaborating with our Sourcing teams and our Suppliers to ensure we meet minimum security requirements.
- In general, a strong aptitude towards data analytics is preferred as our teams increasingly rely on data analytics to drive our decision making.
- Product Classification: Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and experience with global Customs tariff classification, ECCN, Free Trade Agreements and Special Duty Programs. Reviews product information and makes determination on Harmonized Tariff Schedule classification.
- Country of Origin: Determines Country of Origin and label marking requirements.
- Free Trade Agreements/ Special Duty Programs/ TAA: Determines eligibility for duty and other fees benefits.
- Duty Minimization: Provides support to ensure least cost duty minimizing alternatives to global sourcing decisions.
- Corrective Action Implementation: Works with Compliance to correct data in systems and ensure best practices.
- System Triage: Issues resolution for system or data driven errors that have prevented shipments to travel internationally.
- Project Work: Drives improved regulatory compliance and business effectiveness through process optimization, automated tool development and data management.
- Product Set Up and Maintenance: Manages product set up and maintenance to ensure timely and accurately clearance of goods globally.
- Training: Provides ongoing training and direction to internal customers regarding trade regulatory matters.
This position is available in one of these 3 locations: Dublin, OH, El Paso, TX and Alajuela (Costa Rica).
- Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in related field, preferred
- Customs Broker License (only US) preferred
- Expert knowledge in international trade regulations
- Fluency in English, required
- GTS, Access, Alteryx, SQL, Tableau skills, Microsoft Office preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.