What IT Client Systems Management contributes to Cardinal Health
IT Client Systems Management is responsible for end user compute engineering, virtualization, and real-time communications.
- Designs, implements, operates and maintains the technology infrastructure encompassing desktop, email, fax, unified communication, mobility, AV-Video, endpoint application management and security.
- Processes service requests and/or resolves technical problems related to service area (troubleshooting).
- Coordinates and leads resolution of technical problems within area of technology concentration.
- Demonstrates knowledge of business processes, systems engineering, operations research and engineering aspects.
- Demonstrates knowledge of technology concentration implemented within a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Analyzes system operating efficiencies, capacity and recommends measures to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates knowledge of automation and scripting methodologies within area of technology concentration.
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Two-year media related degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in related field preferred
- Applicable technical certifications preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience working in audio-visual technologies
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities needed for role:
- Audio-visual system implementation & troubleshooting
- Video conferencing implementation & troubleshooting
- Problem-solving, troubleshooting, and creative thinking
- Strong customer services skills
- Ability to travel to various job locations local to Ohio and periodic travel domestically and potentially internationally
- Knowledge of current video codecs
- Mac OSX, Mac IOS & Windows 10
- Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder & Photo Shop experience preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Skype experience preferred
- Experience with Polycom or other similar AV technology preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of business processes, systems engineering, operations research and engineering aspects
- Demonstrates knowledge of technology concentration implemented within a large-scale enterprise environment
- Analyzes AV operating efficiencies, capacity and recommends measures to improve performance and cost effectiveness
- Networking experience a plus
- Installation of Monitors, Cameras and Speakers a plus
- Familiar with power tools
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 25 pounds or more when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.