What a Sr. Business Analyst contributes to Cardinal Health
A Senior Business Analyst at Cardinal Health is responsible for leading the elicitation of detailed requirements from the Product Owner, other subject matter experts, and key stakeholders to define epics, features and detailed stories that are sufficient to enable efficient and predictable delivery. This person demonstrates expert elicitation practices that drive out details regarding user needs and workflow to enable effective solutions that delight users. This person also maintains a strong relationship with the Product Owner, subject matter experts and key stakeholders by leveraging engineering requirements, practices and methods to define solutions to ensure products enable desired value. Client interaction may be included, requiring comfort connecting to external stakeholders. Leadership qualities are a must, as this person will assist in decision making and leading processes on the team.
- Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years Business Analyst experience
- Expert in Agile development techniques
- Some form of previous leadership role preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Solid Communicator - Able to explain complex items in a simple fashion, in both written and verbal methods
- Sharp Mind - Able to grasp complex items easily
- Initiative - Sees what is needed and moves forward to accomplish the team goals
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Provides precedent setting solutions
- Gives guidance on overall project objectives
- Work with Product Owner and Stakeholders to determine and document system requirements
- Analyze project / application needs and recommend potential solutions
- Work with Developers and Quality Analysts to spread understanding of application needs and requirements, facilitating smooth development and testing cycles
- Demo completed work to Stakeholders and produce Release Notes
- Assist team with miscellaneous decision making and process leadership
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Directly contributes to the success of projects through leadership, deep reasoning, initiative, and foresight.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.