The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities include the design, testing, and expansion of the Windstream VoIP network and services. Supported services consist of Hosted PBX, SIP Trunking, IAD/ATA based analog and digital services, and carrier SIP Peering.
• Implements and budgets cost effective, scalable, reliable, and manageable network solutions
• Manages network expansion/conversion/decommission VoIP projects of significant scope
• Interfaces with Product Marketing to define and deliver new products, services, and functionality
• Identifies necessary network changes, validates proposed changes through testing, develops/submits a detailed work plan, and interfaces with the VoIP Engineering and Operations groups to successfully implement these changes on the production network
• Evaluates prospective vendors and technologies through lab testing and thorough analysis for inclusion in the Windstream VoIP network.
• Other job related duties as needed/assigned
• Thorough understanding of Layer2/3 VPN’s, MPLS, Metro Ethernet and LAN switching experience
• Expert understanding of SIP, MGCP, and H.248 signaling protocols and RTP, SRTP media transmissions
• Strong grasp of traditional telephony concepts including time-division-multiplexing, SONET, DWDM, Q.931, robbed bit signaling, SS7 signaling, Class III/IV/V switching, AIN, and TCAP database services.
• 3 Years experience in a Network Engineering role for an Internet Telephony Service Provider (ITSP)
• 3 years experience with VoIP Network Design
• Demonstrated knowledge of key VoIP and systems security concepts including TLS, IPSec, and SSL.
• Demonstrated knowledge of one or more engineering disciplines and vendor equipment
• Strong knowledge of accepted engineering practices
• Expert understanding of TCP/IP and IP routing fundamentals
• Demonstrated understanding of LAN/WAN fundamentals
• Solid understanding of Linux and Solaris operating systems and ability to perform shell scripting
• Strong computer software knowledge including Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to stay current with economic and technological developments in the industry
3 years experience troubleshooting IP Phones, ATAs, and/or IADs in an Enterprise LAN environment
1 years experience with WAN routing and/or LAN switching experience
5 years experience with VoIP core equipment including Session Border Controllers, Soft-switches, Media Gateways, Application Feature Servers, and Signaling Gateways.
1 years experience with designing and deploying IMS-based architectures
Cisco CCNP/CCDP/CCIE-Voice preferred
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: 301 N Main St Ste 5000 |US|South Carolina|Greenville\
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.