Receives and/or places telephone calls which are basic and routine to handle any/all aspects of Residential customer accounts, including solicitation, inquiries, and problem resolution.
- Cultivates and maintains on-going customer relationships.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Ensures customers receive the best service possible through processing orders, preparing general correspondence, and coordinating with other functions as required.
- Acts as customer contact regarding pricing and scheduling.
- Handles customer calls/correspondence for service, scheduling, and billing inquiries.
- Communicates with branch personnel to resolve service and scheduling issues.
- Initiates outbound customer service calls for various campaigns.
- Handles tech line support.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years clerical or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to use a personal computer or CRT
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows preferred
- Ability to type 25 wpm preferred
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must be dependable and consistently punctual for all scheduled shifts.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Terminix and ServiceMaster are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.