Senior Director, Customer Marketing – Health Care Professionals
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Madison, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company, traded on the New York Stock Exchange and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2018 revenues of $7.4 Billion, and approximately 42,000 employees and 2,100 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions.
Quest Diagnostics Healthcare IT solutions connect over 165,000 physicians.
Approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and improve their business performance.
FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 4 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category
Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
Forbes Global 2000
Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
Deliver Innovative Solutions
Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Senior Director Customer Marketing for Health Care Professionals (HCP) reports to the Executive Director, Marketing and is based at the Company’s Secaucus, NJ corporate headquarters.
In order to successfully respond to the challenges of the role, the successful candidate will need to:
- Develop and articulate strategy for customer channel and related segments as well as key points of entry for specific product and solution types
- Identify, track and communicate critical trends for Quest across markets, industries and competitors
- Ensure translation and representation of Clinical Franchise and Regional priorities in Customer marketing plans
- Serve on Customer Leadership Team, contributing to the broader strategic decisions about commercial business
- Generate customer insights into demand barriers, call points and trends to support customer interactions and drive business priorities
- Liaise with other functional leaders to guide a unified approach to the customer that meets market demands
- Drive alignment between national/ business priorities (e.g. program models, key messages, templates) and regional/local needs
- Manage marketing spend on programs and use spend effectiveness measurement to improve programs and resource allocation
- Ensure tight coordination with commercial, Clinical Franchise and other business teams
- Create portfolio selling strategy and related materials, based on customer need (Key connection point: Product Marketing)
The successful candidate for Senior Director, Customer Marketing HCP will have the following attributes and/or experiences:
- 7+ years healthcare industry experience preferred; Minimum 12+ years success in a marketing role
- Experience leading high performing teams and building strong team cultures
- Up to 50% business travel required
- Ability to lead diverse, cross functional teams and in a matrix environment
- Ability to serve on Executive Leadership Team of business line (e.g. customer segment, region, etc.)
- Excellent project leadership skills to hold team members accountable for delivery on goals and expectations
- Superior communication skills including ability to deliver formal business presentations to executive leadership
- Superior strategic thinking and analytical skills to synthesize market/customer insights to identify business opportunities and paths to overcome business challenges
- Strong capabilities in leading others to analyze data and demonstrate quantifiable opportunities or results
- Strong educational background including an undergraduate degree in required, a business degree is preferred
The successful candidate for Senior Director Customer Marketing HCP will demonstrate through education and experience the following competencies:
- Creativity; Decision Quality; Dealing with Ambiguity; Perspective; Strategic Agility
- Priority Setting; Planning; Directing Others; Delegation
- Command; Managerial Courage; Conflict Management; Confronting Direct Reports; Hiring and Staffing
- Perseverance; Action-Oriented; Drive for Results
- Presentation Skills; Comfort around higher management; Political Savvy
- Customer Focus; Motivating Others; Negotiating; Composure; Dealing with Paradox; Building Effective Teams
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting questdiagnostics.com/careers, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates to be interviewed.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner – Executive Recruitment
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
(585) 905-3214 office[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Senior Executive Search Consultant
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
(201) 424-6742 office[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]