Senior Director - Healthcare Analytic Solutions (HAS) Marketing Strategy Leader
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a Diversity Inc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Healthcare Analytic Solutions (HAD) Marketing Strategy Leader reports directly to the Executive Director, Marketing with a strong dotted line relationship to the General Manager, HAS. As a member of the HAS Business team, this person will:
• Oversee development of specific short and long-term Marketing Plans that align with business growth based upon market insights derived from market research, competitive analysis and ongoing market trends within the US.
• Lead the HAS Marketing team and drive development and execution of the annual Marketing Plan
• Align with each business leader to understand the business imperatives and ensure the portfolio and marketing strategy and priorities including user and buyer persona development, positioning, sales alignment, etc. are tightly linked.
• Measurement reporting to drive marketing focus
• Leverage new capabilities across all businesses
The ideal candidate will have worked in a strategic and product marketing capacity within the healthcare industry or a related field. A minimum of five years of healthcare industry experience and 10+ years of strategic marketing experience is required. In addition, leadership of others and a successful track record of identifying product marketing insights and trends is critical.
In order to successfully respond to the challenges of the role, the successful candidate will need to:
• Identify, size and prioritize growth opportunities for the Franchise
• Align with the General manager to identify the strategic focus areas and priority areas (customers, products) for the Franchise.
• Work across the business segments to align new solution development and portfolio life cycle management across customer journey.
• Serve as source of market insight on the competitive landscape, ongoing market trends, customer insights/opportunities and buyer behavior
• Develop Marketing Plans linked to annual and long-term growth plans, in partnership with the General Manager and Business Segment Leads.
• Participate on the HAS Business team with the General Manager, contributing to the broader strategic decisions about the commercial business
• Drive development of market segmentation, personas, positioning and message maps across the business segments
• Share customer insights to inform product and customer plans; drive development of competitive response strategies
• Drive development and implementation of Marketing plan
• Report progress of growth plans to the General Manager
• Drive re-balancing of priorities to meet unexpected needs of the business
• Manage marketing spend on programs and use spend effectiveness measurement to improve programs and resource allocation
The successful candidate will have the following attributes and/or experiences:
§ Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
§ 12+ years success in B2B marketing and strategy is required; 5+ years of healthcare industry experience preferred
§ Strong understanding of Pragmatic Marketing approach and exhibits end to end thinking
§ Experience leading high performing teams and building strong team cultures
§ 30 to 50% business travel estimated
§ Ability to lead diverse, cross functional teams and in a matrix environment
§ Ability to serve on Executive Leadership Team of business line
§ Excellent project leadership skills to hold team members accountable for delivery on goals and expectations
§ Superior communication skills including ability to deliver formal business presentations to executive leadership
§ Superior strategic thinking and analytical skills to synthesize market/customer insights to identify business opportunities and paths to overcome business challenges
§ Strong capabilities in leading others to analyze data and demonstrate quantifiable opportunities or results
The successful candidate will demonstrate through education and experience the following competencies:
- Creativity; Decision Quality; Dealing with Ambiguity; Perspective; Strategic Agility
- Priority Setting; Planning; Directing Others; Delegation
- Command; Managerial Courage; Conflict Management; Confronting Direct Reports; Hiring and Staffing
- Perseverance; Action-Oriented; Drive for Results
- Presentation Skills; Comfort around higher management; Political Savvy
- Customer Focus; Motivating Others; Negotiating; Composure; Dealing with Paradox; Building Effective Teams
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.