Senior Product Director, Infectious Disease & Immunology
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes® Global 2000
• Forbes®' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes® 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Senior Director, Product Management is a critical role responsible for maximizing the market
opportunity for the IDI franchise ($1.5B) including COVID19 test solutions. The Senior Director will work
closely with the IDI GM/VP, Marketing, R&D, and regional leaders to drive commercial strategies and
align operational solutions to grow revenue. Responsibilities also include AOP planning and
exploring/forecasting future market opportunities. In addition, this leader will manage the Allergy book
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish vision and profitable growth strategy (organic and acquired) for the IDI Clinical
• Franchise segment as part of annual strategic planning process
• Lead cross functional teams to identify, develop and implement product/solutions addressing
• unmet customer needs that will drive profitable growth
• Develop Annual Operating Plan (AOP) in concert with Value Delivery partners
• Execute effective life-cycle management across the segment through robust cross-functional
• team management
• Work with Value Delivery partners to achieve agreed revenue, volume, and margin targets in
• Partner with Marketing on product/solution marketing strategy and mix
• Rigorously assess new products/solutions to enable prioritization within R&D, IT and Operations
• Generate customer insights to define customer/market segment requirements to set
• product/portfolio solution, priority setting, risk management
• Define requirements for partnerships, alliances, ventures for assigned segment and
• evaluate/manage the relationships
• Develop and drive strategic direction for Specialty Sales Team
• Define and manage product/service metrics (including TAT and other potential requirements
• such as billing programs, prior authorization, etc.)
• Assure the voice of customer is brought into the in-line and product/solution creation process
• Understand the competitive landscape to insure we have winning solutions in development and
• in the marketplace
• Understand continuum of care requirements and gaps
• Manage 1-2 direct reports (Product Managers)
• Accountability Metrics
• Achieve revenue, volume, and margin targets in AOP
• Development of 3-year Strategic Plan
• Development of AOP
• Manage SWB and discretionary spend
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, business, marketing and/or product management;
• an advanced degree/MBA is preferred
• 10+ years relevant experience in healthcare with at least 5 years in marketing & product
• management, preferably in IDI
• Previous P&L management experience preferred
• Talent assessment, selection, development, employee retention, employee engagement
• Executive presence, composure, KOL relationships
• Leading change, change management, flexibility
• Negotiations skills
• Solid business acumen
• Ability to work in matrix organization
• Ability to influence others
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.