West’s Global Technology Services department is currently seeking a Sr Drupal Developer
for our site in Boston, MA
. Be part of a team that drives West Digital Media Solutions’ market leading products in Enterprise Video Streaming, Investor Relations Webhosting, Press Release Distribution, Newsrooms, Contact Databases and Media Intelligence. These solutions not only reach and engage media, investors, employees and key stakeholders and allow our customers to gain actionable insights into the performance of their business communications, but also broadcast high-profile client webcasts. West represents over 3,000 companies worldwide, with 63% being Fortune 500 companies.
Work with modern tools to shape a cloud-based architecture and leverage a network of highly-experienced colleagues in technology, product, sales and service in over 20 countries. You will be working closely with both a co-located team in Boston and with engineering teams of other products in North America, Europe and Asia. We expect you to innovate – not maintain legacy code!
Are you detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple-tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines? Do you think you have what it takes to join a passionate, no-nonsense team of engineers and product people to get things done?
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Day to day responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Research, design, and develop new features and enhancements for the Investor Relations web hosting and Whistle Blower platform
- Provide contributions to architecture of the product with a focus on scalability, security and performance
- Translate business requirements into well-designed and document software components using PHP/LAMP technologies
- Test and evaluate system requirements and enhancements, documenting findings for management and recommending solutions
- Monitor and conduct regression testing in entirety to ensure negative impacts do not result once program alterations are completed; participate in end user acceptance testing, ensuring program alterations and changes meet end user requirements
- Code program based on system enhancements, modification requests, or new design specifications
- Continually keep up-to-date on new products, development tools, industry trends, and methodologies for incorporation into system platforms
- Serve as an escalation point for support after implementation, which may include additional training, upgrades, or program enhancements
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field required, however equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Industry relevant certifications are highly desired, but not required
West is connecting people and ideas. We are delivering on their potential. We are improving the way we work and live.
- 6 or more years of application development or software engineering
- 5 or more years working with Drupal applications, Drupal 8 experience preferred
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP stack)
- Strong knowledge of jQuery and AJAX
- Prior experience with Drupal custom module development
- Prior experience with Acquia Cloud Site Factory preferred
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are WEST.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This position will be posted for 7 days or until filled.