Mahr Inc., headquartered in Providence RI, are members of the Mahr Group. As a leading metrology specialist, with over 150 years of experience in producing an extensive range of dimensional metrology equipment, our expertise gives our customers confidence in their productivity and enhances product quality. From handheld gauges to technically advanced measurement systems for form, contour, surface finish and length, Mahr is at the forefront of the industry. Since technical innovation and quality-oriented thinking are the core competencies of successful businesses like Mahr, we're looking for exceptional talent interested in supporting our mission of reliability, accuracy and efficiency, honesty and trust, meeting and exceeding our customer's expectations. Our employees are an investment in our future so we provide extensive training and support, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Due to our ongoing growth and expansion, as well as our desire to be closer to our customers, Mahr Inc. has a number of exciting career opportunities available. To strengthen our team, we're looking for a SENIOR ELECTRICIAN at our PROVIDENCE, RI location.
- Plan and detail work procedures by determining replacement needs or new material required and develop a logical approach to correct the problem.
- Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems.
- Review wiring diagrams, specifications and instructions and schedule repairs, installation, and electrical inspection work to be performed.
- Insure all OSHA (lock out/tag out) and company safety procedures are followed.
- Service electronic equipment by checking, testing and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
- Install, repair and maintain communication cables, power distribution cables, then splicing pieces as required.
- Fabricate parts if not commercially available, using machine hand tools common to the trade.
- Work with outside contractors, as necessary.
- Advise and caution operators and mechanics about potential electrical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Handle hazardous chemicals and hazardous waste as necessary. Properly label and store hazardous waste.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous electrical situations and corrective action taken.
- Must possess a valid electrician's license.
- 4 years' experience in a commercial / industrial environment, including working with hand tools, power tools and electronic test equipment.
- Requires the ability to follow electrical code manuals to install and repair electrical systems, as well as an understanding of schematic diagrams and blueprints.
- Teamwork and flexibility necessary to perform other duties as necessary in support of 4 other members of the Facilities group.
We want you to succeed. If you feel at home in a high-tech environment and you are ready to take the challenge at Mahr Inc., then consider joining our team.
Mahr Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.