What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
• Hands on experience in installation/configuration/upgrade of CM8, CMOD, ICC, FileNet P8 and IBM Datacap upgrade from 8.1.x to 9.1.x.
• Hands on experience in tech refresh of Content Management platform, with experience on DB2, IBM WAS, CM8, CMOD, ICC for SAP and MS SharePoint.
• IBM FileNet P8 architecture as well as Case Manager application design and development experience
• Be a leader in content life cycle management, design patterns and API development using open source frameworks for content services
• Hands on experience in Unix Linux scripting.
• Hands on experience in RESTful webservice development using CM8 APIs. Application Security architecture, PCF, APIGEE and OKTA SAML 2.0 authentication.
• Manages the ECM environments full life cycle including requirements and specification, database and data architecture, system design and architecture, workflow, and other object development.
• Defines and develops repeatable and/or customized ECM solutions using IBM ECM CM8 and IBM Content Manager On-Demand (CMOD). Researches and recommends new technologies, development tools and development methodologies and performs development planning for the upgrade to future versions of ECM products.
• Serves as primary technical SME to provide technical input and estimates as necessary for new project requests, change requests, and production issues.
• Translates business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications including design documents and unit test plans and Provides 24x7 tier 2 technical and functional support for ECM environments and applications.
• Writes complex application solutions using high level programming languages and tools to support ECM environment.
• Additional job-related duties as assigned.
• Must be a team player and act as mentor for junior team members.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of three or more technologies preferred
- Proven leadership ability preferred
Minimum 3 years of experience with Enterprise Content Management solutions.
Minimum 2 years of experience with either IBM ECM CM8 or IBM CMOD preferred.
Fluency in database technologies such as IBM DB2 and SQL as well as of operating systems and scripting in Linux operating systems.
Proficiency in systems life cycle: gathering requirements, system and application design, hands-on development, testing, and implementation
Strong collaboration skills; ability and experience mentoring and/or supporting other team members.
Demonstrates analytical and troubleshooting skills, thoroughly thinks out and evaluates alternatives, uses innovative problem resolution techniques and shows strong initiative.
Experience writing technical and procedural documentation.
Work with offshore support teams for delivery of key projects
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.