Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Engineer, Inside Threat Intelligence Program at one of the following locations: Tysons, Virginia; Papillion, Nebraska; or San Antonio, Texas. The purpose of this role is to provide team leadership oversight and supervision for all team investigations to ensure the established process and governance is followed for all event triage, analysis and reporting. This position will review and escalate all findings in the case management system to the Dir, Threat Identification and Response when needed and information is further shared with impacted parties for follow-on analysis. This position will continually deploy, maintain, and tune countermeasures in response to new or changing insider threat tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs). This role also provides information to the ASIC and IT Security Management fulfilling all analysis, trending and reporting requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide subject matter expertise for internal risk and threat analysis to give value added information to assist in various situations.
- Review events of concern and produce leads that document issues on computer misuse, various violations of policies, counterintelligence concerns, foreign influence, financial stressors, threats to self or others, and other insider threat concerns.
- Lead and conduct investigations by analyzing and verifying information utilizing log analysis, digital evidence collection and forensic procedures.
- Use Network and Host based tools to monitor and detect potential threats and unauthorized activity across a wide range of IT systems and environments.
- Utilize a variety of databases to conduct research regarding employees whose behavior may potentially pose a risk to an organization
- Assist entities in support of formal investigations and/or inquiries to resolve insider threat related matters, employee misconduct, or violations of law
- Lead the efforts in the proactive identification of new collection methodologies for the Program.
- Execute and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the InTP.
- Document and report findings to company management.
- Brief team members on emerging threats and indicators.
- Support the organization’s Insider Threat efforts to ensure all aspects of Insider Threat and evaluation programs are in compliance with company and regulatory policies, directives, instructions and procedures.
- Maintain and manage the InTP technology suite of tools, report findings back to the Insider Threat program manager and assist Credit Union leadership with conducting investigations for reported incidents.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information security / technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education & experience in information security in a large, highly regulated enterprise.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of work experience the Cyber Security or Intelligence field.
- Minimum of three (3) years prior Incident Response/ Security Operations Center team lead experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior lead Cyber or Intel analyst experience is required.
- Knowledge of security response operations, threat identification and intelligence lifecycle, supporting technologies, and processes required.
This role will supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
- Must have at least two (2) certifications in the field of information security from a respectable security organization. Desirable certifications include, but not limited to:
- GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GREM, GCFA, CEH, CISSP, CASP or equivalent Certifications
- Must have completed and passed industry standard Insider Threat Training Course and have completion certificate from any of the following organizations:
- CMU SEI, CDSE, NITTF
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.