Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. West develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
As a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
West’s Global Technology Services department is currently seeking a Sr Engineer (OTT & SD-WAN).
This position will lead the vendor and technology selection, polices, and best practices for UC OTT, SDN/SD-WAN as well as the implementation and production readiness activities at both the LAN and WAN levels providing support globally.
The successful candidate will have strong organization and communication skills with a background of delivering infrastructure projects of varying technologies in an enterprise environment provide standards, design, automation, implementation and Tier4 support.
Attributes for success in this role:
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Always looking at maximizing efficiency through automation, standards and templates
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to improve the platform and the team
- Thrives on learning new areas and technologies
- Focused on seeing an issue, fixing an issue, and then teaching others about it
- Very collaborative
- 100% hands on engineering
- Ego is checked at the door
- Understands direction can change quickly
- Passion for network technology and service mindset
- Awareness of the emerging trends in enterprise networking including SD-WAN, hybrid cloud and application delivery
- Develop a solid design for UC OTT, SD-WAN, SD-LAN, NFV, and WAN optimization technologies and align with key stakeholders
- Lead the design, configuration and deployment of selected SD-WAN solutions globally
- Develop technology roadmap for SD-LAN implementation and work with vendors to develop implementation roadmap
- Collaborate with other infrastructure groups on Hybrid/Converged solutions and be the Network/UC domain expert regardless of vendor and technology
- Manage third-party relationships and work with vendors to escalate issues and drive resolution for project implementation
- Keep abreast of new technologies and experiment / recommend new solutions to meet business needs
- Work closely with the rest of Infrastructure services on capacity planning, alignment of ITIL processes, and integration of vendor support with company processes
- Be a technical mentor to the rest of the Infrastructure engineering and operations teams
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, MIS, or a related field required with a Master's degree preferred, however equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Engineer level certification in at least one or more operating systems required (i.e MCSE, CCNA) preferred, but not required
Experience with the following technical proficiencies highly preferred:
- Experience with one or more SD-WAN/SDN technologies preferably IWAN or Viptela
- 10 years of experience in LAN/WirelessLAN/WAN network administration and engineering
- Strong communications and influencing skills
- Experience working across multiple business units, Global company is a plus
- Willingness to learn new technologies
West is connecting people and ideas. We are delivering on their potential. We are improving the way we work and live.
- Experience automating provisioning using Ansible (Python, YAML).
- Proficiency writing automation scripts in Python.
- Experience in a 24/7 environment
- 100% Hands On
- Automating day to day tasks
- Scaling out the infrastructure
- Supporting the development team
- Five years’ experience with SIP/VoIP
- Two years’ experience with SD-WAN and networking
- Two years’ experience systems deployment- Linux, VM, Cisco
- Developing, configuring and optimizing implementation processes from inception through to start up to Go Live. Assessing processes, taking measurements and interpreting data.
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are WEST.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This position will be posted for 7 days or until the position is filled.