Senior Manager, Communications and Marketing
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Senior Manager, Communications and Marketing at our headquarters PenFed Plaza, in Mclean, Virginia. The primary purpose of this role is to collaborate across the mortgage division, which consists of Originations, Secondary Marketing, Servicing and Operations by working to design, execute, and deliver a communications strategy across the division. This position will be responsible for designing and executing customized communications that links corporate strategy, member and employee experience, as well as business and pipeline updates on a regular schedule as well as for ad hoc purposes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop and execute strategies, initiatives, and innovation to enhance the communication loop within the mortgage division.
- Promote the mortgage division’s mission, products, and services.
- Serve as the executioner and delivery lead for communications process.
- Define Target audience and develop communication cadence.
- Collaborate across division to understand product and services to maximize effectiveness of communication.
- Directly lead and execute against communication strategy.
- Craft and send regular newsletter updates.
- Responsible for internal and member communication templates as well as corporate communication partnership.
- Develop presentations for leadership consumption.
- Promote products and services during events.
- Develop communication schedules and maintaining deadlines.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing or combination of experience and education.
- Ten (10) or more years of financial services experience with two (2) years of direct management experience is required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in mortgage banking primary markets preferred.
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proven experience creating and delivering targeted content.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Must exercise discretion and sound judgement, and be able to work well independently.
- Experience with managing a small team.
- Creating and presenting executive presentations.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Highly Knowledgeable with MS Office with focus on Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
This position will not supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications for this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel up to 25%
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-341-6572.