SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Sr. Pharma, Cosmetics, and Personal Care Auditor (PCPC) performs third-party audits per SGS Certification procedures and the requirements of the applicable standards. They are responsible to make relevant decisions regarding the audit process and informs SGS CBE on issues resolution outside the audit process. The Sr PCPC Auditor collects and analyzes sufficient information to provide a recommendation for certification and has the authority for the control and performance of auditing activities, including planning and control of other members of audit teams.
- Qualify as a Lead Auditor in more than one standard (i.e. ISO 22716, EU GMP, WHO GMP/GDP, EFfCI and EXCiPACT, ISO 15378, ISO 9001, etc.) and conduct integrated audit where required as per SSC global procedures, local procedures, guidance and instructing of Technical Manager.
- Perform certification audits in any capacity in conformance with the SGS Global/Local procedures, sector specific schemes/standards and ensures that such duties are performed in an efficient and commercially expedient way.
- Upon evidence gained during audits, provides with determination whether or not registration should be recommended or allowed to continue.
- Assimilates, understands and operates the SGS Certification System in all auditing activities. Liaises with the Product Managers, Technical Accreditation CBE and Manager, Technical Accreditation CBE regarding changes to its design and implementation.
- Responsible for the overall audit team up to 15 Auditors, depending on the assignment.
- Controls/oversees activities of teams of Auditors during the audit, as needed.
- Collaborates with teams of Auditors during the auditing activities.
- Strives to provide customers with sufficient audit experience to cover the whole of SGS’s Certification's accredited activities.
- Assists in the training of other Auditors and Senior Auditors during planned audits or during other training functions.
- Actively participates in witness audits by SGS or accreditation bodies.
- Maintains all audit-related credentials.
- Undertake any other activities as directed by the Manager, Certification Audit CBE or Manager, Technical Accreditation CBE.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises others: Yes, indirectly only – Leads Auditors at the times of audits
- Bachelor’s degree in science or Bio Science is most preferable (consideration will be given to other science as well i.e. chemical science depend on the additional training course attended related to Pharmaceutical, cosmetics and personnel care (PCPC) subject)
- At least 5 years work experience of proven management function in PCP industry with minimum 2 years work experience in Quality assurance function or quality & safety management system coordination.
- Minimum 5 years auditing experience and Qualified as ISO lead auditor. (Especially Pharmaceutical or OTC products).
- Experience in delivering training is preferable.
In the course of employment, you will be required to travel to and/or work at a client site. The company requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel commercially and many clients require visitors performing work at their locations to be vaccinated. Therefore, this role requires a candidate who is fully vaccinated or will be prior to an anticipated start date. The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of having received a COVID-19 vaccination.
The company will provide a reasonable accommodation upon request after an offer is extended.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.