Senior Product Director, Cardiovascular, Metabolic & Endocrinology
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company, traded on the New York Stock Exchange and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2018 revenues of $7.53 Billion, and approximately 46,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions.
Quest Diagnostics Healthcare IT solutions connect over 165,000 physicians.
Approximately one third of U.S. physicians – and many of the country’s leading hospitals and health systems – relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and improve their business performance.
FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 4 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category
Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
Forbes Global 2000
Member of the Dow Jones® Sustainability World Index
Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
Listed on the Disability Equality Index® (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long- term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
Deliver Innovative Solutions
Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Senior Product Director for Cardiology, Metabolic & Endocrinology (CME) reports to the Clinical Franchise General Manager (GM) and leads the life cycle management and new solution creation for a business segment within a Clinical Franchise through a virtual, cross-functional team of resources. S/he advocates priorities and a business case to the GM and wins support to execute strategies through the value-delivery organization. The position is based in either Secaucus, NJ, or Cleveland, OH.
- Manage life cycle business strategy including all elements of Brand value/positioning/messaging/marketing mix for assigned segment
- Execute effective life-cycle management across the segment offerings through robust cross-functional team management; assure the execution of the business plan for the segment (e.g. case studies, HE&OR, pricing, contracting, reimbursement)
- Define customer/market segment requirements to set product/portfolio solution, priority setting, risk management
- Define requirements for partnerships, alliances, ventures for assigned segment and manage the chosen relationships
- Manage business line and service line metrics (i.e. P&L)
- Completes the marketing strategy and tactical plans for the assigned segment
- Recommend portfolio management/lifecycle management for assigned segment
- Assure the voice of customer is brought into the in-line and product creation business management
- Call Point Strategy and proposals for commercial resourcing
- Manage a cross-functional, virtual team to assure alignment and focus on shared results
- Accountability Metrics
- Business plan
- Margin, Cost, Outside Spend, Contribution Margin, Net Profit, Volume
- Growth rate (YoY & CAGR), Market Share, Account Penetration, Attrition, Revenue, Volume, Intervention ROI
- Brand awareness, equity, Attitudes, Trial, Usage, Customer Satisfaction, & Loyalty
- TPP, LRR, Customer retention rate, attrition rate
- Disease state strategy, continuum of care positions/gaps,
- Sales force effectiveness, targeting/reach/frequency, call ratio vs plan
- CQQT (Cost, Quantity, Quality, Time)
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, business, marketing and/or product management
- Advanced degree/ MBA or MPH preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience with related clinical focus
- Talent assessment, selection, development, employee retention rate, employee engagement
- Executive presence, composure, KOL relationships
- Leading change, change management, flexibility
- Negotiations skills
- Solid business acumen
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.