West’s Digital Media Services group is currently seeking a Sr Product Manager
for our site in El Segundo, CA
. Be part of a team that drives West Digital Media Solutions’ market leading products in Enterprise Video Streaming, Investor Relations Web hosting, Press Release Distribution, Newsrooms, Contact Databases and Media Intelligence. These solutions not only reach and engage media, investors, employees and key stakeholders and allow our customers to gain actionable insights into the performance of their business communications, but also broadcast high-profile client webcasts. West represents over 3,000 companies worldwide, with 63% being Fortune 500 companies.
The Sr Product Manager is responsible for contributing to the complex product life cycle management of our GlobeNewswire Press Release Product, ensuring the product is of high quality and meets the profitability goals of the company. The GlobeNewswire distribution network is one of the world’s largest, giving companies global reach and the ability to target their messages to the audiences that matter most. You will serve as an expert resource and interface to key internal stakeholders and defined product groups.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting complex market research (e.g. competitive analysis and market sizing), analysis and provide recommendations on path forward
- Submits, tracks, and analyzes capital expenditures and supporting projects; provides guidance to peers on effective procedures
- Assists in developing definitions for product offerings and requirements
- Continually evaluates and improves product offerings and processes to support products based on sales needs and customer requests
- Interfaces with Agile and Oracle systems in support of product establishment efforts
- Creates and manages complex product documentation of products, ensuring there are effective sales and marketing tools available
- Maintains a deep understanding of the company’s products and strategic roadmap, advocating for their most efficient use and maximizing product potential
- Communicate with development teams to accurately define the company’s products and the requirements necessary to maximize the benefits of those products
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field is required; however equivalent experience can substitute for degree
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Product Manager (CPM) is preferred, but not required
West is connecting people and ideas. We are delivering on their potential. We are improving the way we work and live.
- 6 years product management, design or related experience
- Well-versed in scrum and agile software development practices
- Experience with SaaS and/or Digital Media products
- Experience creating product vision and strategy in addition to managing the backlog
- Experience and demonstrated leadership working effectively with design and engineering teams
- Able to conceptualize, negotiate and sell ideas internally and external
- A visionary who has created and articulated strategies for their business that have resulted in significant business improvements.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network – based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are WEST.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This position will be posted for 7 days or until the position is filled.