Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
If you are a developer who lives to solve unique problems and develop applications, APIs and systems that will disrupt the traditional telecommunications industry, then keep reading below!
Our Global Technology Services department is currently seeking a Sr Software Engineer for our FlowRoute Messaging product. A person who is successful in this role will be passionate about building software the “right” way and teaching craftsmanship mentality to others.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to new and existing projects, collaborating with product owners, and other teams to deliver business value on an iterative basis
- Ensure delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, continuous integration and code reviews
- Serve as a mentor and idea leader in continuously improving the team by sharing new technology/process opportunities, and best practices
- Stay actively engaged in the technology industry and understand how the evolving technologies can benefit our organization
- Enhance and maintain our RESTful API, developer documentation, and software development kits (SDKs)
- Create systems to connect seamlessly with our partner carriers
- Architect, implement, deploy, and maintain backend software systems that communicate within and among geographically-dispersed data centers
- Evolve and refactor existing systems to scale and support future growth
- Architect software with scalability, redundancy, and seamless survival/recovery
- Write documentation and/or technical articles for API’s and projects that you’ve worked on
- Lead by example and help foster a positive culture
- Coach and mentor junior teammates
- Other duties as assigned